L1500 bad clutch?

cliftyman

Equipment
L1500
May 10, 2016
Bowling Green, KY USA
I finally got my l1500 started! Boy that 2 cylinder diesel ruins like a sewing machine. After I repaired the steering, the fuel tank, radiator and put in a new battery it was nice to get the thing running. Looks like I have clutch problems though. I can depress the clutch fully and it grinds like crazy to put it in any gear. I can lower the rpms and slip it in and then wind it up, but this can't be good for the flywheel do I need to fix it. I adjusted the clutch pedal as long as it'll go but it's not helping. I'm not sure sheet to go from here, I have a feeling just finding a clutch for a l1500 could be tough.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Easy peasy, it's the same as an L175 US mobile

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Brush Hog 48" "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks
36" Sears Snow Blower (still to be mounted to the front PTO)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

cliftyman

Equipment
L1500
May 10, 2016
Bowling Green, KY USA
That's good to know. I've already bought parts from the Kobota dealer and they fit for the most part.

Curious based on the description do you think the clutch is shot or do I just need to bang some loose or lubricate something?

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
based on the description do you think the clutch is shot
That is possible;
Did you check pedal free play?
Did you look through the inspection hole, (small but beneficial) to observe proper operation?
How does the clutch "feel", does it have resistance when depressing?

I have attached the clutch section from the L175 manual for reference;

Just an FYI, keep the fact from the dealer that you are working on a JDM
(Japanese Domestic Market) tractor, most will not sell, or are not allowed to sell parts for them.

Attachments

Hazadad

Equipment
Zen Noh LF1500
Aug 15, 2016
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
I might be a bit late with this reply, however i had a similar problem with my L1500 clutch, adjustment appeared to be correct, but clashed gears badly. Decided to check transmission oil and topped it up by about 4 litres. Clutch works great again. Use U/T oil in trans. The oil must slow the gears enabling easier gear selection. Anyway suggest try that.