3-Point operation question

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I seem to continually have this problem when using my 3-point. I will set the height for my brush hog and over the course of say15 minutes, it will drop down to where it is dragging on the ground. I've adjusted the stop by the handle on the side to raise/ lower the 3-point and the handle has not gone past this stop.

What am I missing. I feel I need to continuously monitor and adjust the height back up when mowing.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There may be a knob below the seat between your legs s that says F (fast), S (slow) and Lock. Set the 3PH to the right height and then turn it to lock. It will stay at that height until you move the lift lever higher. It will only move upward not down until you get it turned back towards fast. It takes many turns on mine to be able to see it moving down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There may be a knob below the seat between your legs s that says F (fast), S (slow) and Lock. Set the 3PH to the right height and then turn it to lock. It will stay at that height until you move the lift lever higher. It will only move upward not down until you get it turned back towards fast. It takes many turns on mine to be able to see it moving down.
That is unless the three point cylinder is leaking down, then it will still drop. ;)

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Thanks Guys,

I do have the knob on my B3200 under the seat and will give that a go this weekend when I get it out to knock back the field and let you know how it does. I guess the chains would be an option if the cylinder is leaking down.

Having owned my B for a year now there is still a ton I do not know about it. It sure would be nice if Kubota offered an operation / familiarization refresher course for owners. Something on the lines of:

General operation: valves, levers, pedals, 3-Pt, switches... what they do and when to use them

Maintenance: What to check before/after each use
How to properly lubricate your tractor
How to change fluids, what's needed and what to expect

Implements: blades, brush hogs, FEL, backhoe, PHD, tillers, etc. Overall how to attach, how to use, best rpm, do's and don'ts, maintenance

I'm sure there are others but I think I could spend at least 4hrs with someone to really get better educated as an operator.

That being said, this forum is one of the best places I've found to get questions answered and I'm very appreciative to all who contribute.

Thanks,

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Johnjk. your request " It sure would be nice if Kubota offered an operation / familiarization refresher course for owners. Something on the lines of:

General operation: valves, levers, pedals, 3-Pt, switches... what they do and when to use them

Maintenance: What to check before/after each use
How to properly lubricate your tractor
How to change fluids, what's needed and what to expect"

is fulfilled in the owner's manual. It's all there. It's actually pleasant reading on a dull evening.

I actually take a WSM (workshop manual) with me when I go to KC with my wife. I often wait in the truck and just read!

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Having owned my B for a year now there is still a ton I do not know about it. It sure would be nice if Kubota offered an operation / familiarization refresher course for owners.

Isn't this a dealer responsibility coupled with reading the owners manual? I bet one would get far more questions answered prior to delivery then post.

WSM good tip

Of course forums like this fill allot of voids and I am thankful for them.

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
RTFM, I get it.. I ordered a manual online since mine did not come with one nor did my dealer offer much more than here is how you start it... have fun. My bad for not pushing the issue more pre sale, but at that time, I really had no idea what to ask about operation. I learn better by doing and like to know I am doing it right from the start, not my interpretation of the manual.

I could learn to weld from reading the owners manual that comes with the welder, but I'd be much better at it if I can take a course where someone provides tips and tricks and shows how to do it right.

Our local Honda dealer had a program where you came back 4wks after purchase and they had people there to answer your questions from audio controls to oil changes and everything in between. They took the time to make sure customers didn't have lingering questions and were getting the most out of their investments. They showed you on your car or a similar model set up for this day. Even had them up on ramps in the service bay so if you do your own maintenance they point out shield removal, access and areas to look at.

Maybe this industry doesn't work this way, but I think they may be missing an opportunity to build that long term relationship as well as sell some attachments or maybe a new tractor.

Now if I could only remember where the darn manual was put when we moved.....

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I don't think the B3200 has position control, chains will be your only option if so.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Adjusting the 3 Point lowering speed knob did the trick, and after a couple hours searching last night, I located the owners manual. Win win. Thanks all