another thread. B3350 buy back.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
many of you have followed my postings about my B3350 hsdc. i bought in january 2016.
12 visits or trips for service/repair.
11 of them due to particulate filter regen issues.
kubota put a stop work order on my tractor in early july.
i received a call from the manager of my new dealership, a bit after 5 pm. Kubota has approved a replacement for my tractor. since it was after work hours and he wasn't at his desk. he will call again this morning during work hours. we will fill out a build sheet and he will take notes on my request of kubota giving me credit for all of the payments made. since the majority of this time, the tractor they are taking has been in one of their repair shops. i'm also asking for the difference of price between the b3350 and b2650.
one thing the factory rep told my dealer.
they were going to send a new mower and front end loader.
i believe that is a waste as the ones in my yard, have less than a dozen hours on them. and they won't be able to resell the ones in my yard as new. they should just let me keep them. sell the new equipment, as new to someone else. that would lessen the cost to kubota for the exchange.
i'm considering the cost for future buyers. kubota is in business to make money. if they want to give something away, they can tint the windows on the new tractors cab.
i'll post again when the replacement is in my yard and i've used it. give everyone my impressions. as how many of us, actually have an opportunity to take two different tractors home and compare them in a actual work situation. the new b2650 is going to have the r-4 tires loaded. my b3350 r-4 tires didn't..
i got up to watch the meteor show this morning, had a cloud cover. so no meteor show, so i'm on here giving you this update.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hopefully it is a smooth process getting the tractors swapped. Hopefully everything goes well and you will finally have a tractor you can use and depend upon. Good luck.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Glad to hear a B2650 is in the works for you! Will your MMM be a 72"?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Tempforce, it seems the new owner of the dealership has been very good about going to bat for you. Trying to get your B3350 going, then keeping you in the loop for communications with Kubota.

Even if Kubota wants you to have new mower and loader, maybe you could talk to the new owner to let him know your wishes. Even if it is required by Kubota to have the new implements, the owner would know you're attitude towards fairness. It would put you in good standing with him, I'm sure!

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
yes they are keeping with the 72" mmm. and i've already talked to my dealer about those items. we just need to get it on paper. he told me to mention the equipment to the kubota rep. as he suspected the factory rep may call me this morning.
the cloud cover didn't leave, no meteor show, maybe tonight.
last chance until next year.

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
I've been following your trials and tribulations with the B3350, and got delivery of my B2650 two months ago. I thought I would miss the power of my former L3400, but as many others have said the B2650 is a very capable tractor. In my first 20 hours I have lifted and relocated many large rocks, dragged several old telephone poles to new locations on our property (that was before we got an Artillian fork frame, forks and grapple), moved lots of brush into burn piles, and moved 3 chords of firewood rounds to our splitting area. No mowing, since we have a GR 2120 for that (B2650 will get a Rears flail mower, delivered next week, for brush and berry mowing as well as trail maintenance).

Looking forward to reading about your comparison of the B2650 with your B3350.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Looks like you're in the final stretch. Congrats!

When they swapped my 3350 I kept my implements but they reset the warranty on them (same situation as you, barely used.) Maybe you can just ask for that. I'll agree with you, no need to cart them around unnecessarily.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
still dealing with corporate....
great they will do a trade... period...
they have approved the b2650 along with a new 72" mmm and front end loader.
i don't understand the new mower or loader in the deal.
i have those implements with less than a dozen hours combined.
the dealer and i are still waiting on corporate to let us know what they are going to do, with the contract on the b3350. are they going to give me credit for all of the payments i made on a un-usable b3350.
are they giving me credit for the difference in price, between a b3350 and a b2650?
can't send in a order sheet until the details are done.
we have been waiting about a week now for corporate to get back to us. so the order for the replacement can be filled out.
gggguuurrr.
still considering legal proceedings and a call to all of the local news outlets. to give them a community interest story about a corporation giving the shaft to a disabled veteran.
i think that would be great advertising for kubota.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Hopefully you wont have to go that route. You'd think it would be an easy answer as to the price difference. I would just go with corporate, they want new implements to go with new machine, so be it. Dont fight it too hard...

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
yea, i'll take the new implements. as i'm getting to the point of getting what i can, dam with being nice..
it's been over a year i've been dealing with kubota corporate.. as my L3200 lost a oil drain plug while mowing. kubota insurance faulted it to me. for not replacing the drain plug washer, with every removal of the oil drain plug.
it had some body damage, that needed fixed at the same time. it was late last july or early august, that the L3200 was picked up..
it took kubota insurance until early november, before finally approving the repairs to the L3200. as soon as it was fixed the b3350 was ordered. as i was finished with the heavy work, i was using the L3200 for. the new tractor arrived in january. it was in the shop more than in my yard. so my experience with kubota corporate and kubota insurance has been a trial.

Last edited:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Who is the underwriter down where you are at? It's Ohio indemnity in the northern division. The customer files the claim and the unit gets picked up and estimate of repairs are then sent to the underwriter and usually they say OK and we fix it no pick and choose from aftermarket or used. New pieces from Kubota.

The few cases we have had, pending parts availability usually very quick turn around a couple of weeks.

The main problem with Kubota is nobody at the dealership is pushing them.

I had one case for a buy back for one of my good customers and I stayed on my territory manager from service, sales and the western division sales manager.

IIRC your dealer has changed hands? Is you sales person still there?

Pat

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
no my sales person was the former owner.
so i'm in with all new personnel. as the head office for the new company is down in victoria. and to my knowledge the la grange, dealership is the northern dealership.
the problem with the L3200 repairs. are that the case was shuffled a couple times. the last adjuster, divided the work into two claims. so i had to pay two deductibles. also the replacement hood was damaged in shipment twice. so there were some waiting for parts involved.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
kubota corporate is sticking it to my new dealer. won't cover the $4k+ in repairs on my B3350.

kubota corporate told the store manager that if i don't take the B2650 as a straight across trade, i can take my B3350 home and get a lawyer.
kubota could string that out for years, before it would get settled.

so i'm sucking it up for now and doing the deal, so i can get some work done.
basically kubota is treating it, like i just wanted a new model.

so when the replacement arrives, a claim will be filed with the BBB and if there's any lawsuits involving kubota on the B3350. i'm getting involved.

my rating for kubota customer service is now 5 thumbs down.
the rating for my new dealer is 5 stars.

they sell other brands, so if i ever need to replace any of my equipment it won't be kubota orange.

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Glad your getting a new machine finally. Good to hear dealer has your back. Confused by Corporate decision but I guess they have a reason. No dealer near me will put the B3350s out front at this time. I wonder why they dont use the DPF from the L3301? Cant be much bigger, and Ive only heard of two owners with legitimate gripes.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
the big problem on the B3350. the engine does not make enough heat. even when extra fuel is sprayed into the exhaust in front of the particulate filter, even running it at full speed. the newer machines have been modified in some way to make more heat. but who wants to run their engine at full rpm all of the time.. i kept mine over 2,000 rpm, it wasn't enough.
if anything happens.
i'll find a way to fit my '83' ford ranger 2.2 L perkins diesel, made by mazda in it. it puts out 56 hp... only has a bit over 350,000 miles on it.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but thats what is appealing to me about the L2501. PTO speed at 2000 rpms. I dont like a screaming engine either. I did read on TBN a Kioti owner fabbed up a radiator block off blanket to get engine warm enough to perform a successful regen during the winter. Kinda a turn off to me.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Those radiator blankets are pretty common in the northern states and Canada. Some of my specialty equipment has to winterized :rolleyes: blankets or card board on the radiators, and replumbing the crank case vent back into the air intake so moisture doesn't freeze in it and cause a clog ;) We figured that out when engines wouldn't reach operating temps and started forming tar balls in the turbo. You would here a loud bang, and then said tar ball would shoot out the exhaust do to clogged vents :eek:

Sure would make the hands on the oil rigs duck and cover :D:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The L4610 i used to run had a screen that slid out the side, made a plastic panel that slid in place of screen. Made it longer so you could see it sticking out. Even then it didnt get very warm on the real cold days.

I dont understand why the engineers cant come up with something to bring operating temp up even in the coldest climate.

Last edited:

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
I'm a little confused tempforce, the $4k that is being lost is all of the repairs your dealer had to do to your tractor? Or is that the amount of payments you've made so far, that Kubota is keeping and not applying to the cost of the replacement tractor?

Sorry for all of your difficulties, it's been frustrating watching you have so many struggles, when all you wanted was to have a tractor that works!

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
thats what the dealer has spent on repairs of the B3350.

my replacement B2650 hsdc has left the georgia factory. should arrive at my new dealer in the next few days. my dealer is installing a bluetooth, usb, a.m. and f.m. radio in it and having the windows tinted. the tires will be loaded and the hydraulic pressure adjusted if necessary. the B3350 wouldn't fill a fel bucket, when i received it.