What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Yep, get the kids hook on fun work! When they get older they will have skills, a work ethic, and no trouble finding work. They'll also be addicted to tractors and won't be able to afford the other vices!

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Mowed the lawn then split some fire wood. Used the loader to move it.

I then did a small mod adding a pistol holster in the cab. Necessary? Probably not. But who knows?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I then did a small mod adding a pistol holster in the cab. Necessary? Probably not. But who knows?
It has been a good year for berries around here, so the bears have been around and in the yard. I have a .45 or a 12ga handy - just in case the kids or dogs have a run in with Yogi.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I've been prepping an area where I'm putting a shelterlogic garage to store my new tractor. Doing some research on what people use for floors on these (was thinking just gravel?) and how critical it is for them to be level as the area has a tiny front to back slope I dont feel like having to level.

For $275 it will be a good experiment to see if it survives a NH winter.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I've been prepping an area where I'm putting a shelterlogic garage to store my new tractor. Doing some research on what people use for floors on these (was thinking just gravel?) and how critical it is for them to be level as the area has a tiny front to back slope I dont feel like having to level.

Gravel would probably be good. Just some kind of stone to keep the mud at bay. As for the slight front to back slope, as long as it isn't too bad, it may help it drain a bit better. Especially if you have enough stone to keep the floor above the level of the outside area. My 2 cents. :)

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Gravel would probably be good. Just some kind of stone to keep the mud at bay. As for the slight front to back slope, as long as it isn't too bad, it may help it drain a bit better. Especially if you have enough stone to keep the floor above the level of the outside area. My 2 cents. :)
If i were to truly level the area, I'd probably have to correct a 20" or so drop over a 20' long area. My instinct was to install the shelter as close to level as possible by raising the back corners a bit, then just building a little frame inside almost like a raised bed garden and filling it with stone in a way that at very least cuts down on the slight incline by putting more stone at the back than the front. I thought about using pallets or something to build a floor but gravel seems easier and less work.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA

Check ROPS height vs rolled up door. Originally had to lift the rolled door over my BX ROPS going in and out. Last year I raised the whole shelterlogic on 2 levels of PT 4x4. Now the rolled door just drags over the ROPS.

I do clear the snow off the shelterlogic after it storm. At 2-1/2 years mine is starting to tear where the cover goes over the bars.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,

Ive been super busy with work the past 3months and FINALLY (kinda sorta not really) caught up so i figured id take today off and make it a 3day weekend so i could tinker around the house with some projects. I needed to clean the under side of my mower and figured id make a set of axels so i could store the mmm in the basement this winter. The material used was 1-1/4”o.d,3/4”i.d, 1/4” wall DOM tubing. I then cut the heads off 3/4” bolts and welded the shoulder of them inside the tubing. The wheels i used are 12”x3” solids. I saw them on some sort of cart at work that someone through out on our scrap pile a couple months back so i figured free is for me!!

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Check ROPS height vs rolled up door. Originally had to lift the rolled door over my BX ROPS going in and out. Last year I raised the whole shelterlogic on 2 levels of PT 4x4. Now the rolled door just drags over the ROPS.

I do clear the snow off the shelterlogic after it storm. At 2-1/2 years mine is starting to tear where the cover goes over the bars.
Yes I'm quite sure I'll need the ROPS folded to get in there but planned to see what I could do to work around it if possible.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
It started with, I should wax the hood while the weather is still good. Then it was, My god look at those windows. The floor could use a vacuum job, the seat and floor could use a bath. While I have the bucket the wheels are awful dirty, hey what’s all that soot on the loader arms! Lol! 2 1/2 hours later.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I put down an inner frame and a bunch of stone that will make the base for the shelter I'll store the new tractor in for winter.

The shelter will fit outside the frame.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I hauled the wood splitter up out from under the barn and out back.

Split up the three stacks of "rounds" that just seemed to slip under the radar.

Then hitched in the garden trailer and brought all the "uglies" up near the back door.
I like to get those burned up and out of the way early.

47 degrees out doors, The fire feels good....

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I put down an inner frame and a bunch of stone that will make the base for the shelter I'll store the new tractor in for winter.

The shelter will fit outside the frame.
Very nice - would like to see a picture when done!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Question?
What does one do with a tractor when their yard is smaller than the tractor?
How do you even turn it around? :confused: