another thread. B3350 buy back.

bruce5793

Sep 26, 2016
Washington
Thinking Trading in my 2003 b7800 for a 3350 until I read all the horror stories about the regen issues. Spoke with the dealer/ owner and mechanic about regen issues. They tell me new 3350s are pretty much problem free on the regen issue. Regen system is almost automatic. Been doing business with them 20 yrs. can't imagine them bs ing me. Really want the extra hp over the 2650.

Thoughts???

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
Purchased a used B3350 42 hours I didn't know about the regen problems, so far the tractor is perfect have 100 hours on it now, the tractor does the auto gen I don't have to a finger , love the extra power I use the tractor as lawn mower (rear finishing mower) in my yard and not afraid to hook up a 5 ft bush hog and hit the pasture, ac/ heat and no dust in my face, love my B3350 SO FAR ,I feel for the guy who got the bad ones but I don't think they all are bad hopeful Kubota has worked out the regen problem

VictimOfCaliforniaDems

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350
Jul 6, 2017
Northern CA CalifornUtopia USA
"i believe that is a waste as the ones in my yard, have less than a dozen hours on them. and they won't be able to resell the ones in my yard as new. they should just let me keep them. " I have found that when we report a homeless person bothering children (or, in this case describing what Kubota is doing) then we should do our part and let the process go. In short: Do not take care of Kubota; you don't know what happens between the dealer and the factory. If they deem that they need to take everything back, so be it. This action could be political because the dealer is more angry than the consumer.
I bought a B3250 in June and of course, it has gone back, once for DPF. That's all so far. In other words, I deeply value the effort tempforce puts into offering others another experience that can edify and help us. Sincere thanks.

rainowl1

Equipment
B3350
Sep 17, 2018
Mershon
Guys these comments have helped me confirm issues I***8217;m having on my month old new B3350. These issues have not been resolved.

My tractor has 60 hours on it and at least 20 of those are from shop tests and failed and restarted regenerations of the DPF.

I have yet to have a SUCESSFUL REGENERATION on the machine. Now it has no power and sits at the shop waiting on corporate. They changed the timing that was surely the issue. It Did not. Now we are waiting on a new injector pump that will surely fix it. I doubt it. These things are horrible and not having my machine has placed my company in financial trouble.

Run quickly from these machines!

I***8217;m currently going thru all the red tape to get this machine purchased back by Kubota. My dealer is awesome but Kubota isn***8217;t moving quickly at all.

My advice is to stay away from this mechanical regeneration system. This problem has been around 4 years. That***8217;s a long time for an engineering department to have failed at repairing a flaw like this.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thinking Trading in my 2003 b7800 for a 3350 until I read all the horror stories about the regen issues. Spoke with the dealer/ owner and mechanic about regen issues. They tell me new 3350s are pretty much problem free on the regen issue. Regen system is almost automatic. Been doing business with them 20 yrs. can't imagine them bs ing me. Really want the extra hp over the 2650.

Thoughts???
Bought my new B3350 (late SN) recently. IIRC, it was delivered in June.

The burner was verified to be latest revision and the burner relay with inadequate terminal current carrying capacity was replaced with latest revision prior to delivery.

No issues.

SDT

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I hate the system they used on the 3350 for the regen process. Overcomplicated, IMO, but the new software fixes it for most of them. For some, they can't fix it, so they throw parts at it (and Kubota's tech guys will advise them to do this because I am not sure they know how to fix the "problem" either). Again, it's a weird system. A mechanically injected diesel but it has a separate fuel pump to dump fuel directly into the exhaust, as well as a blower that forces air into the exhaust-both combined are supposed to raise the exhaust DPF temperature. They went through the system in depth when I was at the tech update and honestly...I got lost in all of the garbage that's involved. They also have mentioned that some people are reluctant to raise the engine RPM enough for the systems to actually work, and those are the folks who're most likely to have issues. Do not be afraid to go wide open throttle, it will not hurt anything and actually is BETTER for it. The engine is designed for it specifically.

You can thank the good old US EPA! Send your congressman a letter. I do, and I think they are probably throwing them in the trash as soon as they see my name on it, tired of hearing from me. The government knows it was a total screwup. They know that diesels are ruined forever, or at least until (1) someone comes up with a better way to reduce NOx and soot to an EPA mandated level, or (2) the mandates are nullified. (1) is probably going to happen sooner than (2) if I know our government.....

So said dealer put $4k into repairs. Did they not file the warranties? No pre-approval? The way it was written in the post, that's what it sounds like to me. That's not entirely Kubota's fault. Without seeing the actual claim(s), the fault could be placed anywhere. Keep in mind that the guys at Kubota Warranty department are bean counters and have no clue what a DPF is, or much anything else for that matter. And as of recently, they're really sticklers for doing things BY THE BOOK, in other words, if an owner has a problem that's not a big problem and continues to use it, then brings it in at their convenience-which might be outside of Kubota's timeframe that is alotted to a potential warranty claim (I think 3 days according to the warranty statement), they are rejecting them-which means either the owner or the dealer has to eat it. And chances are good that the dealer's not going to eat very many of them. They can't afford to, and they shouldn't have to because the dealer didn't build and design the equipment in question. And the owner shouldn't have to either unless it was something in a "gray area"-which happens a LOT. So my advice here is to read the warranty statement and heed to it. The little green/white booklet that goes with every new tractor, and it's also available online at Kubota's web page.

The fact that they're buying it back speaks volumes. I mean I worked for JD for quite a number of years and they NEVER bought tractors back-not $20k tractors and not $250k tractors, not a single one. They told us to fix it and if we couldn't they'd send THEIR techs out (which no dealer wanted) to help you fix it. They were jerks about it too. If they saw something in the dealer that they didn't like, the dealer could lose his dealer because of it, and it could be something as simple as not properly marking the floor walkways or work areas. If customer wanted/demanded a new tractor because of a major defect (and I have personally been through this), JD will tell you nicely to go pound sand. I hated JD for that reason (and many others). So saying that you should've went green means nothing to me. Lawn & garden stuff is completely different....they used to have the "John Deere Promise"-and we did some of that stuff, mostly hand held stuff-and I certainly do NOT miss any of that, mostly because with today's required labor rates, it makes no sense to fix something if it costs less to just replace it. Enough of JD.

They are taking the implements and attachments back because they don't work quite right on a B2650. I would not worry about what they do with them. They'll handle that. They may send them to one of their training centers and use them for training, or they may send it back to Japan for the engineers to deconstruct and help them design a new/improved one. What do you care. You're getting a new one. I would be ecstatic!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I hate the system they used on the 3350 for the regen process. Overcomplicated, IMO, but the new software fixes it for most of them. For some, they can't fix it, so they throw parts at it (and Kubota's tech guys will advise them to do this because I am not sure they know how to fix the "problem" either). Again, it's a weird system. A mechanically injected diesel but it has a separate fuel pump to dump fuel directly into the exhaust, as well as a blower that forces air into the exhaust-both combined are supposed to raise the exhaust DPF temperature. They went through the system in depth when I was at the tech update and honestly...I got lost in all of the garbage that's involved. They also have mentioned that some people are reluctant to raise the engine RPM enough for the systems to actually work, and those are the folks who're most likely to have issues. Do not be afraid to go wide open throttle, it will not hurt anything and actually is BETTER for it. The engine is designed for it specifically.

You can thank the good old US EPA! Send your congressman a letter. I do, and I think they are probably throwing them in the trash as soon as they see my name on it, tired of hearing from me. The government knows it was a total screwup. They know that diesels are ruined forever, or at least until (1) someone comes up with a better way to reduce NOx and soot to an EPA mandated level, or (2) the mandates are nullified. (1) is probably going to happen sooner than (2) if I know our government.....

So said dealer put $4k into repairs. Did they not file the warranties? No pre-approval? The way it was written in the post, that's what it sounds like to me. That's not entirely Kubota's fault. Without seeing the actual claim(s), the fault could be placed anywhere. Keep in mind that the guys at Kubota Warranty department are bean counters and have no clue what a DPF is, or much anything else for that matter. And as of recently, they're really sticklers for doing things BY THE BOOK, in other words, if an owner has a problem that's not a big problem and continues to use it, then brings it in at their convenience-which might be outside of Kubota's timeframe that is alotted to a potential warranty claim (I think 3 days according to the warranty statement), they are rejecting them-which means either the owner or the dealer has to eat it. And chances are good that the dealer's not going to eat very many of them. They can't afford to, and they shouldn't have to because the dealer didn't build and design the equipment in question. And the owner shouldn't have to either unless it was something in a "gray area"-which happens a LOT. So my advice here is to read the warranty statement and heed to it. The little green/white booklet that goes with every new tractor, and it's also available online at Kubota's web page.

The fact that they're buying it back speaks volumes. I mean I worked for JD for quite a number of years and they NEVER bought tractors back-not $20k tractors and not $250k tractors, not a single one. They told us to fix it and if we couldn't they'd send THEIR techs out (which no dealer wanted) to help you fix it. They were jerks about it too. If they saw something in the dealer that they didn't like, the dealer could lose his dealer because of it, and it could be something as simple as not properly marking the floor walkways or work areas. If customer wanted/demanded a new tractor because of a major defect (and I have personally been through this), JD will tell you nicely to go pound sand. I hated JD for that reason (and many others). So saying that you should've went green means nothing to me. Lawn & garden stuff is completely different....they used to have the "John Deere Promise"-and we did some of that stuff, mostly hand held stuff-and I certainly do NOT miss any of that, mostly because with today's required labor rates, it makes no sense to fix something if it costs less to just replace it. Enough of JD.

They are taking the implements and attachments back because they don't work quite right on a B2650. I would not worry about what they do with them. They'll handle that. They may send them to one of their training centers and use them for training, or they may send it back to Japan for the engineers to deconstruct and help them design a new/improved one. What do you care. You're getting a new one. I would be ecstatic!
BINGO, lugbolt.

Blame the federales.

For the first time in decades, we have real possibilities of reining in some of this nonsense.

Stay tuned.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Interesting.

Is the turbo only for the DPF or does it pressurize the intake>

SDT

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Interesting.

Is the turbo only for the DPF or does it pressurize the intake>

SDT
The turbo doesn't have anything to do with the DPF system.

I've been fortunate compared to some other B3350 owners,however my reformer failed at 273 hours during my 4th parked regeneration. Glad it was under warranty. The reformer,part of the DPF system, is a cast iron gadget about the size of my fist that lists for over 1800 dollars.
I've logged over 200 hours since then and aside from that one problem everything has worked as it should.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The turbo doesn't have anything to do with the DPF system.

I've been fortunate compared to some other B3350 owners,however my reformer failed at 273 hours during my 4th parked regeneration. Glad it was under warranty. The reformer,part of the DPF system, is a cast iron gadget about the size of my fist that lists for over 1800 dollars.
I've logged over 200 hours since then and aside from that one problem everything has worked as it should.
I'm familiar with the reformer.

Lugbolt mentioned a "blower" to force air into the exhaust to increase exhaust temperature. I assumed that this was the turbo, maybe a dual purpose turbo.

Is there a separate "blower" for the DPF?

SDT

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
I'm familiar with the reformer.

Lugbolt mentioned a "blower" to force air into the exhaust to increase exhaust temperature. I assumed that this was the turbo, maybe a dual purpose turbo.

Is there a separate "blower" for the DPF?

SDT

That would be the Air Blower. Part # 9Y1210972ENM0013USO Again,the turbo unit is a normal type that intakes from the air filter and blows into the intake.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
That would be the Air Blower. Part # 9Y1210972ENM0013USO Again,the turbo unit is a normal type that intakes from the air filter and blows into the intake.
Thank you. I was unaware of the air blower.

Today after mowing for an hour or so and returning to the barn to tweak some set-up adjustments on the rotary cutter on my B3350 (I'm still sorting out the mower set up), I stalled the engine upon turning the PTO back on when I returned to the field. After it stalled I heard something running under the hood. It was not the electric fuel pump.

Being a curious sort, and thinking that it might be the air blower, I left the key on and opened the hood (seat switch is defeated). The noise stopped when I opened the hood (hood switch or coincidence) and I restarted and continued mowing for another hour or so. I suspect that it must have been doing a regen but there were no regen lights on and I noticed no abnormalities except once when I reduced throttle, the engine was slow to reduce RPM.

So far, I'm happy with my B3350, but it does take some getting used to, e.g., unable to idle below about 1,000 RPM, which makes engaging the electric over hydraulic PTO rather sudden. I'm pleased with the power and maneuverability but the short wheelbase, small tire ride is rough, and I have not yet figured out how to mow as close as I could with the 8N and same mower without scalping. May not be able to.

SDT

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Thank you. I was unaware of the air blower.

Today after mowing for an hour or so and returning to the barn to tweak some set-up adjustments on the rotary cutter on my B3350 (I'm still sorting out the mower set up), I stalled the engine upon turning the PTO back on when I returned to the field. After it stalled I heard something running under the hood. It was not the electric fuel pump.

Being a curious sort, and thinking that it might be the air blower, I left the key on and opened the hood (seat switch is defeated). The noise stopped when I opened the hood (hood switch or coincidence) and I restarted and continued mowing for another hour or so. I suspect that it must have been doing a regen but there were no regen lights on and I noticed no abnormalities except once when I reduced throttle, the engine was slow to reduce RPM.

So far, I'm happy with my B3350, but it does take some getting used to, e.g., unable to idle below about 1,000 RPM, which makes engaging the electric over hydraulic PTO rather sudden. I'm pleased with the power and maneuverability but the short wheelbase, small tire ride is rough, and I have not yet figured out how to mow as close as I could with the 8N and same mower without scalping. May not be able to.

SDT
The noise was probably from the blower.I have also heard this when there was no regen light on. Quirks like this used to bother me but I have learned not to let it bother me or to over analyze. It is what it is and as long as the tractor keeps working for me I am happy.

rainowl1

Equipment
B3350
Sep 17, 2018
Mershon
How many B3350 owners would like to join me in a class action lawsuit? I’ll pay for it. As of now my attorney is telling me I need to sue my dealer which will only resolve my issue. I’m willing to help everyone since Kubota is ignoring a major engineering problem on these machines. It’s beyond my comprehension how a major company is screwing so many of us and you can’t find resolve in proper civil channels. ]. I’m either suing the dealer over this wreck or Kubota for all of us. I’m simply digusted at this point. I feel like the dealer, Appling motors in baxley Georgia, and Kubota are not concerned with our B3350 machines being defective. Scott Akerd (I think the last name is right) is the local Kubota rep has stopped returning phone calls as well. I’m told he’s no longer is involved that engineering is in control. No one can tell me who this mystery person is in engineering. So it’s time to find out. Bottom line is Appling motors of baxley Georgia stole 33,000 of my money and isn’t doing a thing about it but telling me to stay after ‘them’. This is unacceptable. Please message me privately. Thank you. Al Deen.