GR2120 Hood Change

Seitl

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Nov 27, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have a GR2120 Lawn Tractor. A truck backed into it and smashed the hood off. I purchased a new hood, and removed what was left of the old one. I didn't pay close enough attention to the disassembly, and seem to be stuck.

There are two "L" shaped Silver brackets that attach at the front of the frame. The top part of the bracket appears to line up where the grill screws into as well. It makes sense to have the extra support here but I can't seem to figure out the proper way to line them up.

I initally thought grill->end of "L" Bracket->plastic clip on hood->clip on nut. However, the angle on the grill where the screw goes through doesn't seem to suggest it sits on top of the "L" Bracket.

If someone has a picture of the inide of their hood where the brackets attach that would help a lot.

Thanks

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have a GR2120 Lawn Tractor. A truck backed into it and smashed the hood off. I purchased a new hood, and removed what was left of the old one. I didn't pay close enough attention to the disassembly, and seem to be stuck.

There are two "L" shaped Silver brackets that attach at the front of the frame. The top part of the bracket appears to line up where the grill screws into as well. It makes sense to have the extra support here but I can't seem to figure out the proper way to line them up.

I initally thought grill->end of "L" Bracket->plastic clip on hood->clip on nut. However, the angle on the grill where the screw goes through doesn't seem to suggest it sits on top of the "L" Bracket.

If someone has a picture of the inide of their hood where the brackets attach that would help a lot.

Thanks
Can you post some picks so we can see what you see ;)

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
It's difficult for me to upload pics. Send me an email address I already took the pics u want.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Hope it wasn't your daughter in the truck!!!

Just curious, what did your hood run? They wanted $725 for an L3800 hood!!!
I had mine beat out and bondoed by an auto body place for $350. The light assemblies were $125 apiece!

When pulling out the damaged assemblies I turned one over, not realizing the bulb was loose inside the cracked housing. I watched it fall to the floor and shatter. "There goes $10" I thought. DOH!!! The bulbs for the L3800 are $30 apiece!!! And the funny part is, they look just like plain old twin-contact tail light bulbs but, they have a goofy flange around the base. That explains the extra $20 for a dim bulb.

Hope it all goes back together like new. One's life attains a new peace and calm when their tractor is all in one piece, painted, and operating correctly.

The Kubota Karma... To Know It Is To Own One.

Last edited:

Seitl

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Nov 27, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hope it wasn't your daughter in the truck!!!

Just curious, what did your hood run? They wanted $725 for an L3800 hood!!!
I had mine beat out and bondoed by an auto body place for $350. The light assemblies were $125 apiece!

When pulling out the damaged assemblies I turned one over, not realizing the bulb was loose inside the cracked housing. I watched it fall to the floor and shatter. "There goes $10" I thought. DOH!!! The bulbs for the L3800 are $30 apiece!!! And the funny part is, they look just like plain old twin-contact tail light bulbs but, they have a goofy flange around the base. That explains the extra $20 for a dim bulb.

Hope it all goes back together like new. One's life attains a new peace and calm when their tractor is all in one piece, painted, and operating correctly.

The Kubota Karma... To Know It Is To Own One.

Well the tractor is actually my fathers... And he was the one who backed into it with his RAM (fitting). Mom left it on the driveway and Dad's backup sensors/rear camera/eyes/mirrors/shoulder check didn't see it until it was underneath the bumper lol. The banter between the two of them is comical.

The hood was 360.00 without the lights, decals or anything. Just for the shell. The decals were another 50.00 bucks or so. The lights, despite being smashed out of the hood are still useable funny enough.

Kubota makes a great machine and are worth every penny but the repairs can cost you a few bucks that's for sure. The B21 needs new pins on the bucket and we've been quoted over 1200.00 to replace them :eek:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
$1200? :eek:

Any machine shop worth a hooey could make 'em for less than half that.
At some point, the manufacturer looses the sale due to insane pricing.