B2320HSD Kubota Service Manual vs. ServiceManualVault.com?

linux4me

Nov 25, 2014
Oregon, USA
My operator's manual doesn't have torque specs for the crankcase, transmission, and front axle drain plugs. I'd like to have those specs as well as more detail in general, so I began looking for the shop manual. No joy on Kubotabooks.com. For this model, the shop manual from servicemanualvault.com looks like the least expensive option. I don't really need a printed manual. It does have a general page of torque specs for bolts and plugs, but I haven't been able to find anything specific for the drain plugs. It also looks like it doesn't have as much info as the shop manuals I've used before, though it does have 406 pages. They say, "This Kubota B2320HSD tractor workshop manual is the same workshop manual used by professional Kubota technicians," but I'm wondering if that's the case.

My question: Does anyone know if the official Kubota shop manual is the same as the servicemanualvault.com manual, or does the official manual actually have more info, like the drain plug torque specs for example?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You probably won't find a torque spec for the drain plugs. Usually they are to german specs "gooden tight" :D just not ridiculously tight to where you can't get it back off. Most of the manuals at www.kubotabooks.com, and www.kubota.servicemanualvault.com have been scanned and uploaded. Of course theres no guarantee that someone didn't miss a page or three, or a chapter:rolleyes:

linux4me

Nov 25, 2014
Oregon, USA
Thanks for the response Daren. "Gooden tight" will have to do. :) I think I'm getting cautious; so many vehicles I've worked on in the past several years have torque specs for everything it's made me expect them. I'd just really hate to strip one of those plugs or have it leak.

In my search I saw where someone recommended turning them 1/4 - 1/2 turn after contacting the gasket. I may compare that to "gooden tight" to see if it gives me a guideline to go by.