BX 25D Tachometer

willkraft

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 19, 2014
Forest Hill
My tach is not working, not sure if its the alternator or the display panel? I am have a hard time removing the steering wheel. Any advise will be appreciated.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Make sure the altenator is charging. If it's not charging the tach won't recieve a pulse count.

Check your fuses, and the connections at the altenator for the smaller wires. Some times it's as simple as a spade not making good connection on the altenator. Simply wiggling the wires at the altenator could fix it temporarily. If thats the case it will show you where to look and check.

If you rule out the altenator side or fuse issue, then it's probably on the tach side. Could be an issue with the power, ground, or sending wire going to it.

If it's still under warranty, having the dealer take care of it, is an option as well

willkraft

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 19, 2014
Forest Hill
I don't think it is mice, I pretty much know how it happened. I checked the fuses several times, checked all wires,cables and connectors. I am getting a low voltage from the alt. so I'm pretty much sure its in the display panel. But I cant figure out how to get the steering wheel off. The WSM says take off the nut and then take off the steering wheel. But is not coming off.