I like the hydraulic set up. Looks like it's easily adaptable :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The original cartridge filter wasn't very good for use with the loader and the spin on will service a whole lot better in the future! :D

evantwheeler

Equipment
L305dt, L345dt x2
Apr 19, 2023
Menifee, CA
The original cartridge filter wasn't very good for use with the loader and the spin on will service a whole lot better in the future! :D
Can you share any details on this mod to replace the OE mesh screen filter? How about a ball valve in the return pipe, would that be of any benefit? Seems like the only way to service the filter, even with the updated spin on type filter, is to allow the transmission fluid to drain out. Obviously with the spin on filter, if you're quick, you won't lose as much..... Doing a clean up and service on a new to me L345dt, and I think I would like to update the HYD filtering with a similar setup to what is shown on page 2 with the spin on filter.

Thanks.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
......Doing a clean up and service on a new to me L345dt........
So I'm assuming of the two you were looking at you bought the more local one? Remember - everyone here likes pictures - and you have some great ones of this nice L3454DT!

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can you share any details on this mod to replace the OE mesh screen filter? How about a ball valve in the return pipe, would that be of any benefit? Seems like the only way to service the filter, even with the updated spin on type filter, is to allow the transmission fluid to drain out. Obviously with the spin on filter, if you're quick, you won't lose as much..... Doing a clean up and service on a new to me L345dt, and I think I would like to update the HYD filtering with a similar setup to what is shown on page 2 with the spin on filter.

Thanks.
Measure the line size and I'll point you to the proper filer housing. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

evantwheeler

Equipment
L305dt, L345dt x2
Apr 19, 2023
Menifee, CA
So I'm assuming of the two you were looking at you bought the more local one? Remember - everyone here likes pictures - and you have some great ones of this nice L3454DT!
Dick, I sent you a PM with a lot more words than this response, and also a few photos. I really should start my own thread on my tractor adventures.....someday. Not only did I end up buying the nice looking local 345dt I had previously shared with you a couple weeks ago, I bought a second 345dt over the weekend with a 1720 FEL, which could end up as an FEL & other parts donor, or could potentially end up as the primary tractor. It seems to run very strong, a marked difference between that tractor and my 305 in "seat of the pants" dyno, it just appears to have not received the same level of maintenance and care that the first 345 i bought did over its life. Between the two, I think I can make one very nice tractor, and have a second running tractor as a donor/spare, or could possibly recover some money, but I am terrible at selling things.

I think that the jump to the 345 gives me a tractor I will be very happy with long term. If I wanted to chase down a bit newer L series with more HP, it would be a significant increase in cost versus what I will have into the 345's. With the current pair, I will have a complete spare tractor and still be into the two for under $10k. I've yet to see a nice 30+hp kubota with FEL for under $10k in my locale. There was ANOTHER 345dt with 1720 FEL for sale nearby, but had over 3500hours and was very rusty. Listed at $8500 and I do not see it listed anymore so it must have sold. It was ugly. Another 345dt with 1720 FEL just popped up for sale a 5 hour drive away, very nice looking with 1500 hours, asking $13k. In all reality, for my needs, it would be best to just buy a backhoe or skip loader if I needed something larger than the 345 model.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users