B7200 with Hydraulic Problems

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on in a while cause everything has been running fine. However, I seem to be having some Hydraulic Problems with Betsy, my B7200. When I fill the Hydraulic fluid to the dip stick level and run the tractor the fluid starts to spewing out of what I believe to be a breather for the hydraulics. This breather is located under the 3 point hitch chain bracket under the seat.
My question is, Why am I losing so much fluid from the breather?

Please help,
Ron

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Contaminated hydraulic fluid will foam and come out the vent.
Over filling can cause it, I had a dip stick that actually moved on the stopper and changed the actual level that was being put in.
Type of fluid would be another cause of issues.

If it's been a while since you changed fluid and filter I would start there. ;)

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
I have recently changed the UDT and cleaned the strainers. The UDT has been sitting for about 6 months unopened and should not be contaminated and is, I believe good quality from NAPA.
Once I changed the fluid I thought the problem was fixed but after running the tractor the second time it started pouring fluid out of the breather again. I am also noticing some jerkiness as I drive along where it used to drive very smoothly.
Still need help on this one.
Ron

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Napa and UDT don't add up???
What was the exact brand and type of fluid you used?

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
You are quite right. The first hydraulic oil change I used NPAP fluid. For this last oil change I used "RP oil API GL-4 from CRS Petroleum. Both I believe to be good quality UDT oil.
On advise from a Kubota Technician I have checked the following:
1. Engine oil level is not going - indicating no leak shaft seal.
2. Forcing compressed air into the dip stick hole to see what come out of the hydraulic breather located under the chain bracket on the top of the differential gear case.
3. Check the implements hydraulic block the ensure the valve handle is in the correct position from the use of implements, i.e. FEL.

Still I have Hydraulic fluid pour out of the breather!:confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think we are running into a little confusion!

UDT is not a generic oil it is a KUBOTA Brand oil, there is UDT compatibles such as I use Mystic JT5 a UDT compatible, but UDT is a one of a kind as is SUDT2 which is a newer synthetic version.

Ok I'm not Canadian, and I could be wrong, but "RP oil API GL-4 from CRS Petroleum" is more of a gear oil and not even close to UDT, and UDT does not stand for Universal Hydraulic Fluid.

If some of the Canadian guys chime in, maybe some of them could steer you in the right direction for a UDT generic compatible.

Too thick of Hydro fluid in that model of tractor is probably foaming and thus spitting it out.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Up here i am limited to whats available, as far as aftermarket fluid goes. Universal tractor fluid, but label must clearly show its compatable with kubota udt, sudt or sudt2.nothing else. Auto Value carries a store brand that i believe is valvoline re- labeled.
There could be a chance a suction line is getting air, causing foaming.