ZD326 Maintenance

Five Acres

May 19, 2019
maryland
Hello from a first time poster.

It has been awhile since I have performed any maintenance on my ZD326 , the Kubota Reseller has closed its shop and moved far away.

With just over 350 hrs I would like to do a complete fluid and filter service. Have serviced some of the items in the past but would like to do a complete service before any more time passes.

Engine Oil & Filter, Transmission Fluid & Filters, Fuel Filters, Gear Box, Grease Fittings, Coolant, Blades, etc...

Could use some assistance on selecting/sourcing the correct fluids and filters. (Part Numbers / Resellers)

Are Kubota branded products required/better or are there better options?

Do not rack up a lot of hours with mowing just under 5 acres once every week or two during the season.

Thanks for the assistance.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
You can order all the items you need from Messick's online. I would get OEM filters from them and the SuperUDT fluid. The engine oil can be sourced locally such as Rotella T6 full synthetic 15W40 which is what I use in my ZD326.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Follow Saxmans advice.

If you want to save money follow the Kubota recommended maintenance schedule and buy OEM filters. If you did your last service at 200 hrs your next major service is at 400.

The cost of OEM filters is cheap compared with not doing the recommended service intervals. Go price out a brand new ZTR if you feel like skimping on your current machine maintenance. Be prepared for sticker shock.

The manual says change your mower gearbox oil at 350 hrs using 0.4L of SAE 90 gear oil.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Good point there Mikester.. I tell that to people DAILY.. A couple of 20.00 filters 2x a year{big tractors} is awful cheap insurance to keep your tractor running & not sitting in my yard..

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
Welcome to the forum Five Acres,

As the operator of now three ZD326 mowers with rear discharge decks, it will save a lot of money by doing the maintenance yourself. We also use nothing but Kubota filters and oils.

Special tools you may need too get: a good quality filter wrench, and metric sockets and wrenches. An air compressor with blow gun is very nice to have for cleaning the debris and dust off the machine after each use, and before you start the work.

We have broken 3 cheap filter wrenches on the hydraulic filter under the back of the machine. We also take the decks off every 200 hours while doing the maintenance. Lets us scrape the grass build-up off the bottom of the deck and give a visual inspection of the hidden parts under the machine.

Digger

Five Acres

May 19, 2019
maryland
if you feel like skimping on your current machine maintenance. Be prepared for sticker shock.
Hi Mikester

Definitely don't want to skimp. Hope to keep this thing running for the foreseeable future with no major issues.

This must be what its like to own a Benz.

Five Acres

May 19, 2019
maryland
Welcome to the forum Five Acres,

As the operator of now three ZD326 mowers with rear discharge decks, it will save a lot of money by doing the maintenance yourself. We also use nothing but Kubota filters and oils.

Special tools you may need too get: a good quality filter wrench, and metric sockets and wrenches. An air compressor with blow gun is very nice to have for cleaning the debris and dust off the machine after each use, and before you start the work.

We have broken 3 cheap filter wrenches on the hydraulic filter under the back of the machine. We also take the decks off every 200 hours while doing the maintenance. Lets us scrape the grass build-up off the bottom of the deck and give a visual inspection of the hidden parts under the machine.

Digger
Hello Digger

The rear discharge deck must be nice. I can imagine that keeps down the flying grass that just has to get sucked into the engine compartment.

This must be a DIY project as transporting the ZD326 to the closet shop would be over $200 round trip. Can you believe I have a Kubota and I don't have a truck.

Check, Check, Check have all the tools on hand. I go over it with a leaf blower and take the pressure washer to the underside of the deck.

Any suggestions on how to easily reach the drain plug on the radiator?