MMM PTO Shaft on BX23S

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Hey I’ve taken my mid mount mower off twice and each time the pto shaft on the mower comes apart. I used the picture in the manual for a reference this past weekend but finding the correct Location is tough. Any hints?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hey I’ve taken my mid mount mower off twice and each time the pto shaft on the mower comes apart. I used the picture in the manual for a reference this past weekend but finding the correct Location is tough. Any hints?
Take a file/engraver/or a punch.....mark the matting ends opposite each other.
Call indexing in the real world - once apart, align the marks and you are in business.;)

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Thanks guys. I did try a tire crayon. Ordered the markers from Menards. Didn’t see them on amazon. If that doesn’t work I’ll scratch the paint with a file or punch.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Before removing, use a piece of wire and tie the two ends of the pto shaft together. That is how Kubota ships them.

Dave