Kubota B7200 rear 3 pt hitch wont opperate?

jake5757

Equipment
kubota b7200,
Aug 17, 2014
saskatchewan
Hello all, i have a b7200 kubota with a tiller attachment on rear and a blade on the front. Last week i was gonna start tilling my gardens here and the 3 pt hitch wont lift. the front blade hydraulics work just fine with no issues but not the back. If i unhook the tiller and put hand pressure on it lifts slowly but just wont with weight. So far i have removed and cleaned hydraulic screen and changed hydraulic oil but its still doing same thing. Could it be a stuck valve somewhere or something? very new to this tractor so Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks guys

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I had this problem on my B7200. Turned out it was a broken shim in the hydraulic system which cost nothing to fix.
Firstly you need to tell us what is driving the front blade. Is it driven by hydraulics or mechanically form the PTO.

We need to know that the hydraulic pump (located on the right side near the fuel filter is working. If it is driving the front blade then it is working. If not problem could be the hydraulic pump or the hydraulic control box which is located to the rear and close to the hydraulic lift lever and left lift arm.

Dont know how well you are equipped with tools or if you want to take things apart. If so the hydraulic relief spring and shim are located within a box/cover which has 4 m6 bolts securing it over the hydraulic control and relief.

You will need a manual and parts list.

If you need further help let us know.

Cheers

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Really need to know how the front blade is connected to the hydraulics.
Pictures would be great! ;)

jake5757

Equipment
kubota b7200,
Aug 17, 2014
saskatchewan
Thank you so much for answering. I really appreciate it! My blade is hydraulic driven and hooks up to the front hydraulic tee. I took pics here of how blade connects. I build and test air seeder electronics and hydraulics so got the tools just not the know how or where to begin. Thanks again for ur help

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Perfect, that answers a lot.
If the blade is working fine then we know it's not the hydraulic pump, pressure or flow.

So now we need to move back.

First do you have the operators manual and the service manual?
If not go to Kubotabooks.com and download both as they are a must to have.

Another question, 2wd or 4wd that model has different controls for both. ;)

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
So we have some answers. I note you are new to the tractor and work with compressed air systems. Have you operated both blade and lift systems previously? My feeling is that we can work out this problem.

My understanding of the blue valve shown in your photos is that it will supply pressurised oil to both the three point lift AND the blade.

You need to eliminate these two completely long shots before taking anything apart.

1 The blade hydraulics are not completely robbing pressurised oil. This is highly unlikely because it is working.
2 The hydraulic lift lever has not become detached from it's shaft and is doing nothing ie not rotating the shaft. This is secured to the shaft by two flats and a nut.

Please send photos of your hydraulic block and cover arrangement this will satisfy us that we are discussing the same hydraulic components.

Cheers

jake5757

Equipment
kubota b7200,
Aug 17, 2014
saskatchewan
Perfect, that answers a lot.
If the blade is working fine then we know it's not the hydraulic pump, pressure or flow.

So now we need to move back.

First do you have the operators manual and the service manual?
If not go to Kubotabooks.com and download both as they are a must to have.

Another question, 2wd or 4wd that model has different controls for both. ;)
I'm downloading books as I type this. It's the 4wd model.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hi
If you have succeded in downloading the WSM (Work Shop Manual)Manual and Parts Manual look for "control valve" in both.

The WSM gives instructions and settings

The parts manual shows the relief valve and shim. I suspect the shim is broken. Remove four m6 bolts and have a look. You do not need to drain down the hydraulic oil but expect to loose small amounts.

Let us know how you get on.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hi

Have you found this instruction in the manual?
There is a photo and further help in the manual

[3] CONTROL VALVE (B6200 - B7200 4WD TYPE) CHECKING AND ADJUSTMENT
Relief Valve Setting Pressure
1. Remove the stopper lever on the lever guide.
2. Remove the eye joint bolt, and set a pressure
gauge. (Adaptor screw size: PS 3/8)
3. Start the engine. After warming up, run the
engine at the maximum speed.
4. Set the control lever to "highest position", and
read the pressure gauge indication when a sound
indicating the relief valve operation is heard.
5. If the measurement is not within the factory
spcifications, remove the relief cover and adjust
with the shims.
Relief valve setting pressure
Factory specification 10.8 to 11.8 MPa
110 to 120 kgf/cm2
1564 to 1706 psi
• NOTE
• Adding one shim (0.3 mm, 0.012 in.) increases the
setting pressure by 981 kPa (10 kgf/cnn 2 , 142 psi).
(Reference)
*Thickness of shim: 0.3 mm (0.012 in.)
0.8 mm (0.031 in

''''''''''

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I believe the lever on the hydraulic block is in the wrong position to operate the 3pt hitch. It should be turned 90 degrees to the right. My 3pt hitch will not operate in the position that yours is in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
76_Bronco,
If he turns that valve it will just shut off power to the blade lift.

Jake5757,
Under the seat on the left side, is a valve that controls the speed of the three point, if it's turned completely off the three point will not move, try turning the valve and see if that does anything for you.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
76_Bronco,
If he turns that valve it will just shut off power to the blade lift.
You are correct wolfman, my lift operates with the valve in both directions, but my loader will only operate with the valve in the 3 o'clock position.

OrangeMopar

Equipment
B7200
Aug 4, 2016
Stoystown
I know this is a two year old thread, but did anything ever come of this? I'm having similar problems with my 3 point hitch.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk