My First Tractor

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I'm new here and looking for advice/help. I just bought a B7000 4WD which will be delivered this Saturday. As all the operator labels are in Japanese is there a painless way to find out what lever does what besides trial and error? Thanks in advance.

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
Get your hands on and read a manual.
Can the dealer walk you through it?
It's still trial and error until you get the hang of it.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Get your hands on and read a manual.
Can the dealer walk you through it?
It's still trial and error until you get the hang of it.
Hours spent on Google tells me that B7000 manuals are only available in Japanese.

The nearest dealer to me (one hour), wasn't even aware that B7000's existed!

Delivery is expected today so trial and error it is. I hope I don't break anything.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I would go to kubotabooks.com and take a look for a manual that is close to your model number. I think a 6100 or 7100 may have some similarities with regards to levers and their actions, but I may be wrong.

One of the first places I looked. I don't feel comfortable about substituting. I was hoping other OTT members are/were B7000 owners and could offer some insight.

chknscratch

Apr 26, 2014
Leeds, AL
Well, if no other literature turns up and you hadn't had a chance to use it in a month or so, that is where I would start in opening a few documents and comparing the pictures in the manual vs what you are looking at in real person. From what I have learned, the b6100 and b7100 are very similar as are the b7001 and b7100. The 7000 probably falls some where close to the b7100 in its overall setup.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Thanks, I'll do that. The old girl will be here in about an hour!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lever to the left of the seat should be hi/low range. Handle hi and to the right of the seat controls three point hitch. Pedal by the heal of your right foot is differential lock. Lever low and to the right of the seat should be 4x4 to 2x4 selector. There should be some markings at least in numbers and arrows with the japanese to give you some idea of what is what on there for the gears. Now i could have mixed up the hi/low lever and the 4x4 selector;)

Good luck and enjoy your new toy.........er.......tractor:D

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Lever to the left of the seat should be hi/low range. Handle hi and to the right of the seat controls three point hitch. Pedal by the heal of your right foot is differential lock. Lever low and to the right of the seat should be 4x4 to 2x4 selector. There should be some markings at least in numbers and arrows with the japanese to give you some idea of what is what on there for the gears. Now i could have mixed up the hi/low lever and the 4x4 selector;)

Good luck and enjoy your new toy.........er.......tractor:D
Thanks a bundle! Guy I bought it from just called for directions to our farm. Can't wait to get started playing ...er... working! ;)

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Finally got my new (to me) toy. Guy delivering it couldn't find a truck to deliver tractor and trailer drove it to our farm. Took him about 5 hours for the 45km trip :) The entire setup is: tractor, 5x7ft utility trailer and a tiller. One label on the tiller has RS1 and another label, which I assume are settings (all in Japanese) has B7001RS at the bottom. Any help on using this thing would be greatly appreciated!

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Figured out the levers by reading the Japanese label on the hood and matching the characters to the labels on the fender. Bottom right is 2/4WD and upper is hi/lo range. Left lever was easy - label says 1-N-2-N-3 for the pto.

Would have spent last night in the barn with my new baby but respect for (i.e. fear of) scorpions and snakes made me opt for staying indoors with the wife;)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I laughed when I read your first post... :)

I recently had to rent a tracked excavator to find a water line. I was hoping to get the machine back under the 4-hour limit. Hauled it home and climbed on the trailer to find about 12 levers and two foot pedals. Zero explanation from the rental guy.

In 15 minutes I was off the trailer and on the dig site. The first hour wasn't too pretty to watch but I got my rhythm down fairly well and got the hole dug then got the machine back on the trailer and back to the rental shop in less than 4 hours. No damage! No injuries!

Move each lever a half an inch either way and see what it does!

I am thinking the lever with 1-N-2-N-3 is your forward range selection. Be fully stopped (engine running OK) before moving that lever.

HAVE FUN!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I laughed when I read your first post... :)

I recently had to rent a tracked excavator to find a water line. I was hoping to get the machine back under the 4-hour limit. Hauled it home and climbed on the trailer to find about 12 levers and two foot pedals. Zero explanation from the rental guy.

In 15 minutes I was off the trailer and on the dig site. The first hour wasn't too pretty to watch but I got my rhythm down fairly well and got the hole dug then got the machine back on the trailer and back to the rental shop in less than 4 hours. No damage! No injuries!

Move each lever a half an inch either way and see what it does!

I am thinking the lever with 1-N-2-N-3 is your forward range selection. Be fully stopped (engine running OK) before moving that lever.

HAVE FUN!!!
Cave,

sounds like my first few hours on my BX25D , and the backhoe......yeah it is clearly marked too!!!! But dayum I could mess up a one car funeral for the first couple of hours!!!!:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I checked it out and the 1-N-2-N-3 handle on the left is definitely the speed selector for the PTO. ;)

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Anyone know the part #'s (oil/filter/air) for a B7000 (Z650 engine)? I need to do a complete service. Thanks for any help :)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas