Greetings and Help

OrangeOtis

Equipment
B7100, Land Pride 1575 Finish Mower, Tarter Gates RC4 Rotary Cutter
Jul 21, 2016
Michigan
First off, let me thank ya'll for this site. I just picked up my first tractor and went with a Kubota after a long time digging through the threads here.

What I have is a 1976 B7100 4x4 (PO said 1975 but I think '76 is the first year). Before I start using my new to me machine, I want to go over all the fluids and basic maintenance just so I have a good starting point to schedule service going forward.

I go to check the fuel filter and I'm poking, prodding, looking up drawings, and I'm stumped. Cant find the thing. Then I notice something missing.

Am I missing a fuel filter assembly?

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Yes you are missing the factory fuel filter.
I think I can see an inline filter behind the side cover screen in the picture. I would go back to the kubota style filter. The complete assembly can be ordered from a dealer or bought on ebay.

OrangeOtis

Equipment
B7100, Land Pride 1575 Finish Mower, Tarter Gates RC4 Rotary Cutter
Jul 21, 2016
Michigan
Yes you are missing the factory fuel filter.
I think I can see an inline filter behind the side cover screen in the picture. I would go back to the kubota style filter. The complete assembly can be ordered from a dealer or bought on ebay.
Thanks! I didn't see an inline one but even if I did, I agree on going back to the OEM style.

Any idea why the PO would remove it? Just wondering if they did it for some other reason I need to look for or if they were just cheap/lazy.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Thanks! I didn't see an inline one but even if I did, I agree on going back to the OEM style.

Any idea why the PO would remove it? Just wondering if they did it for some other reason I need to look for or if they were just cheap/lazy.
He probably broke it and didn't want to spend the money on a OEM replacement. At least he put in the "In-Line" filter.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Inline filter helps but it does not trap water which in a diesel can be just as bad as dirt. ;)