Replace Trans oil filter mount ?

HebeGB

Equipment
MX5200 tractor
Jul 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I hope y'all can help. I have a almost new (12 hours) MX5200 tractor that took a hit to the transmission fluid filter on the right side. this also broke the filter mount, pulled the tube out of the filter base and leaked out most of the fluid.

How difficult is it to replace the filter mount ? hard to get parts ? I am no stranger to mechanical repairs and this does not look that hard (2 bolts to the frame and some tubing)

Is there any unseen difficulty to replacing this ?
Should I take it to a dealer ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Gary B.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Three things MX5200 which transmission? Did you buy this unit on contract? If so, did you buy the Kubota insurance.

Pat

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Ok not so good! Which one the HST left side or the Hydraulic right hand side. And pictures would go along way from here!

Pat

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you can get that part, but there are other O-Rings that should be replaced when you do it.
Go here, say yes to the legal at the bottom of the page, and then pick tractor, go to, Hydraulic System, then Hydraulic oil line (input).

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

Attachments

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
As pointed out it looks like a pretty easy repair. I would go for the base, o-rings and maybe the #160 tube if it's not to pricey! And at this point MAW go for the 50 hr service and grab both the HST and hydraulic filter.

Pat

HebeGB

Equipment
MX5200 tractor
Jul 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Thanks Pat and Wolfman for your help.
I have gone on the website and sent a parts order list to my dealer. I will hopefully get them in time to make the repair this weekend. I did order the tube, "O" rings and gasket as well just to be safe, along with a new filter (pricey).
After the repair I just need to put $200 worth of Kubota hydraulic fluid back in that leaked out !! (any acceptable alternatives ?)
Again, thanks very much for the advice, Great forum !
Gary B.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Sorry, have to ask.....did the tractor go over a stump? Or was something launched up into the HST filter? Breaking the mount seems to require a pretty significant hit, so hoping you can share so others of us don't run into same problem. Thanks!

HebeGB

Equipment
MX5200 tractor
Jul 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
It did involve a log, not sure exactly how. the wife was moving logs but she is not sure if it was a log being kicked up or if she hi-centered on a log/stump.
I can tell you the filter has a fist size dent on the bottom side.

I cant believe how exposed this filter is to damage. Think Ill be welding a guard around it when I get it fixed !
Gary B.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have replaced that part before. It's not too bad. There is a metal pipe that goes into the transmission that also usually gets damaged so be sure to check/replace it while you're down there.

HebeGB

Equipment
MX5200 tractor
Jul 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Still waiting on dealer to get parts (I'm told previously mentioned tube is the hold up) is this normal for getting parts from Kubota ??

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Still waiting on dealer to get parts (I'm told previously mentioned tube is the hold up) is this normal for getting parts from Kubota ??
Where is the part at? Japan? You can have the dealer expedite it since the unit is down! Kubota will pay half of the cost and the can do the rest or bill you for that half.

Pat

HebeGB

Equipment
MX5200 tractor
Jul 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Sorry for my absence,
to close this thread out, I finally received the parts and with less than an hour of "shade tree" mechanic work I got all the parts replaced and the transmission refilled with Kubota oil. It works like a champ again ! pretty easy fix for an armature mechanic like me. Now I'm ready for whatever winter throws at me.

Thanks again to all of you that helped with advise and experience on this forum !
nice to know that this resource is out there.
Winter well,
Gary