What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Awesome picture Daren.

Smart woman!

:)
Thanks Ray :D She did tell one person a price earlier for the bota :eek::mad: Was a price she figured would tick the guy of and send him running scared. Guy was ready to pounce on it till his wife threatened divorce :rolleyes: But actually, if someone were to offer the right price to where I could upgrade to 4wd and a fel in the 20ish hp range then we would probably unload it. :rolleyes:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed the vacant place across the road. Been empty 5 years after owner's death. I've mowed the 1.5 acres on-and-off for 2.5 years. Neighbors next to it have a very nice place, and hate like hell to see it grown up.

Sign says "Sale Pending," and I hear local farmer may be buying for 10 acres of good corn ground in the river flat. Total lot is 17 acres.

I'm more interested in the 2 acres that's part of it on my side, next to our place. Hoping to make a deal on it. Good sugar maple lot that can make some maple syrup come March!

I have a friend that is a commercial maple syrup producer, and I could get a partial agricultural exemption on land taxes if I lease it to him.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just talked to the Real Estate Agent doing the deal across the road. She's another neighbor, too. Good thing about small towns!:)

She said the prospective buyer really has no interest in the piece on my side.

Good thing, maybe get 2 acres for a deal. I'd be happy with that, and maybe the seller will as well!:D

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Just a few cosmetic things, project almost done, new seat next week :)

Added the rear reflectors
DSC_0065 (2).jpg DSC_0064 (2).jpg

and the front badge
DSC_0062 (3).jpg

Finally got all new matching front wheel lug nuts,
previous owner had two different lug wrench sizes, and half missing :confused:
DSC_0067 (2).jpg DSC_0066 (2).jpg

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Moved 10 bucket loads of "driveway dirt"
DG (decomposed granite)
from the road up to the front steps. Been wanting to do this for a while.

After years of snow plowing you tend to loose a lot of height,
but with a wheel-barrow and a 900' driveway, up hill both ways,
it never got done.............

But with a tractor, no problem! :)

DSC_0068.jpg DSC_0069.jpg

watered each layer and compacted with the F250, no more trip hazard. :)

Also graded / resurfaced the driveway with the box blade, handy little tool.

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Awesome Job Bill!

That picture at the bottom of your threads is so sad.

What a lucky machine to have you buy it!

Ray

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
That picture at the bottom of your threads is so sad. What a lucky machine to have you buy it!
Yep, she just needed some TLC mechanically in great shape, well except for no reverse. But that was an easy fix just cost a little more than I expected. This little tractor is definitely a workhorse though, just wish I knew the accurate hours on it, the meter is stuck on 1719.9

Need to shoot some pictures off to the previous owner, he really didn't want to turn loose of it. I think he'll be glad to see it got a good home and a new lease on life.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I didn't like how the new suitcase weights flopped around from working in the woods so I made spacers and bolted the whole mess together. I used 1/2" Azek and bonded two pieces together for each side. Cut them round on my band saw and sanded and painted. It's very solid now.

I also installed a ball hitch on my drawbar. I cut the too long hitch pin down, drilled and champfered a hole for the clip. It's nice to have a metal cutting saw.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Four hours of seat time today in the woods grooming around the camp site we built earlier this month. I pushed a lot of stuff over the bank today. I'm loving these new suitcase weights they improved the feeling of balance very well with the york rake and made for a smoother ride.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My elderly neighbor's Craftsman lawn tractor has a transmission issue, and is inoperable.

Mowed his 1.5 acre lawn. He had a heart attack last year, and I mowed it for a month or two while he was out of commission.

When I asked if he wanted me to mow, he said OK, as long as I can pay you.

My response back was "My father would kick my ass if I was paid to help a neighbor." That was the same thing I told him last summer. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My elderly neighbor's Craftsman lawn tractor has a transmission issue, and is inoperable.

Mowed his 1.5 acre lawn. He had a heart attack last year, and I mowed it for a month or two while he was out of commission.

My response back was "My father would kick my ass if I was paid to help a neighbor." That was the same thing I told him last summer. ;)
Yup, fixed my neighbors chain saw last night. He got a new to him saw. Used it and decided to change the chain. He fought to get the gaurd off the saw, but didn't realize the safety lock for the chain was engaged. He couldn't get the cover back on. He offered to pay me last night. Told him not to worry about it :D Took maybe 5 minutes to figure out what he did and get the lock into the unlock position :D

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky

You could be paid with lemonade or a beer to visit him and call it payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just talked to the Real Estate Agent doing the deal across the road. She's another neighbor, too. Good thing about small towns!:)

She said the prospective buyer really has no interest in the piece on my side.

Good thing, maybe get 2 acres for a deal. I'd be happy with that, and maybe the seller will as well!:D
Just an update - RE Agent held to her word and new owner of the property stopped here this morning. It is my neighbor dairy farmer.

Literally made a deal with the map on the hood of the Kubota for the 2 acres on my side. He had a foot on one front tire - mine on the other!:cool:

$3,000 cash deal, and I mow the house lawn across the road for the rest of the season! He's happy, and so am I!:D He got the 10 acres of prime corn ground out behind the house he's been after for 40 years. WOO HOO!!

Will need to clear some Planning Board stuff for subdivision, but we should be good to go!

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Will need to clear some Planning Board stuff for subdivision, but we should be good to go!
This is my back yard, so it will fit in well. Other property is just to the left of this picture.

And yes, it's raining. Something we really need here - been very dry! Another good thing!

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sounds like a steal, everybody gets something they want, great deal all around, congratulations!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sounds like a steal, everybody gets something they want, great deal all around, congratulations!
Thanks, Bill! I'm excited! You said it right; he and I both get what we're after.

Going to have to tell another neighbor to plan on another lease for 120 maple taps for next season! In a typical year, that would be ~40 gallons of maple syrup, or about 1,600 gallons of sap. He does ~1,000 taps now, so it will be a decent bump for him, too. A good day for agriculture in my area.

The seller said he was going to offer to pay me to mow it, but it gets back to that neighbor thing again..... I would insist to help him out.

And the deal really was made over the hood of the tractor.:cool:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just an update - RE Agent held to her word and new owner of the property stopped here this morning. It is my neighbor dairy farmer.

Literally made a deal with the map on the hood of the Kubota for the 2 acres on my side. He had a foot on one front tire - mine on the other!:cool:

$3,000 cash deal, and I mow the house lawn across the road for the rest of the season! He's happy, and so am I!:D He got the 10 acres of prime corn ground out behind the house he's been after for 40 years. WOO HOO!!

Congrarulations :D:D you stole that land!!!! :D field at the beginning of my street just went up for sale. Land owner subdivided it into 3 and 5 acre lots. Was really interested in buying a couple till he said he wanted $10,000 an acre :eek::eek: Told him he bumped his head and left :rolleyes:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Great deal RCW, it is nice to hear that some people are still willing to deal like that. That makes great neighbors.