No forward power

Some Guy

Equipment
L3710
Apr 27, 2015
South county RI
OK guys was out with my daughter taking a ride on my L3710 hst and all of a sudden we lost forward. Well not all of it it still runs at less than idle speed. FEL works fine reverse works fine. Any thoughts were I should start to fix this or what happened?

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
HST and loader are completely separate systems. They only share the hydraulic fluid.

HST malfunctions can be in the linkage. With engine off, look close at how the linkage under the floor moves while someone rocks the pedal back and forth. There are several rods, pivots, levers - look for anything loose, bent broken, blocked etc. Hopefully its something simple on the outside.

Please say more about how this symptom came on? Smooth road or driving over brush etc? Ever act up before? Does it move forward in all 3 gear ranges? Same from cold start or does it get worse as fluid warms up?

For more reading on a similar issue look here.

Last edited:

Some Guy

Equipment
L3710
Apr 27, 2015
South county RI
Well she's fixed. So I guess I must have hit or run something over to really bend up my linkage. Couldn't even get a socket on one of the bolts. Had to half turn it with a wrench. Got it out and a little heat, a vice, and a big hammer and it squared right up. A little adjustment of the throw and she's back on track. Thanks for all the help guys you saved this shade-tree some money.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Great news. Thanks for posting the outcome. Take care, Dick B.