attaching log splitter to existing hyd - L295DT

app farm

Equipment
L295DT tractor, 1200HD FEL
Aug 1, 2015
Webster, NY
I would like to attach an old log splitter that I just picked up for cheap to my L295DT with a 1200HD FEL. Don't know where to hook it in as I don't have any remotes. I've been searching through everyone's posts that seem remotely related, but no luck. I should warn you... you good folks have me a bit confused! So, I thought I could show this in pictures - sort of a comic book style question. First two images should be attached. 5 more on their way.

Main question is: where or how do I hook up this splitter into the existing hyd system? Or, if I have to add remotes, how is that done? I was hoping to try it out to see if I like the speed and power running it off the tractor hyd. Might not like the speed and then would explore either PTO pump or complete re-design as stand alone.

Attachments

app farm

Equipment
L295DT tractor, 1200HD FEL
Aug 1, 2015
Webster, NY
...and finally, we end up here. I'd be happy if I can temporarily remove a hose and fit the splitter's hose to power it as a test. But, I see issues with metric and US threads and not sure where to safely make those attachments, anyway. ...will appreciate any and all advice!

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Others will chime in with way more knowledge than I. To give you a head start though.... search in here for info about

Diverter Valve and Diverter Block

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
oregon
If you use an existing spool then you are going to have to use the existing control lever. I don't really see setting a log and then running up to the loader handle. I imagine that's why people here recommend stand alone units.