Kubota. 8560

Kubota8560

Sep 22, 2017
Montrose, Pa
I just bought a 2015 Kubota 8560 (cab)with 200 hours on it. I hooked up to my Bush hog mower and was mowing for about one hour and a half. While mowing the tractor started losing power and rpm's went down and the engine shut off. I started it back up and and started mower again and the tractor shut down again. I decide to head back to the barn at this point. Started the tractor and started heading out of the field and the tractor shut of again with out the mower running. Made it back to the barn.
Not knowing the history of the 200 hours on it, and not knowing the last time it did a regen. Anyone have ideas of what could be wrong and what is making the tractor shut down?
Thank you for any help that you can give me.

AL

Herkypilot

Equipment
KX040, M7060HDC 12 & L3540
Oct 10, 2011
Carroll County, VA
Sorry to hear about your problem with such a low hour tractor. Maybe a problem with fuel delivery. Check the fuel filter. I know my M7060 manual said something about an indication of water in the filter bowl. You should certainly still have some warranty left.

HP

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Does it start right back up up or does it take some time for it to cool down? If it starts soon then that points to fuel or safety switches. If it takes time to cool down then that points to overheating
I think you have a fuel problem from your description so I would start with seeing how the fuel flows out of the tank or fuel filter output lines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have to agree with these guys, start with the simple things,, fuel fillters and water in the fuel, check that out first, remember small things first, thats where you will find most of your problems

Kubota8560

Sep 22, 2017
Montrose, Pa
The dealer that sold this tractor to the gentleman that I bought it from, said the warranty is up on the tractor. I will start checking the fuel system. The seller moved to Florida and the tractor sat outside for over six months. I hate equipment sitting outside.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The dealer that sold this tractor to the gentleman that I bought it from, said the warranty is up on the tractor. I will start checking the fuel system. The seller moved to Florida and the tractor sat outside for over six months. I hate equipment sitting outside.
I am not sure how different the M60 tractors are from the Ls, but I think that they are tier 4 and not made before 2013. So for a lot of the parts related to the engine control and the dpf the warranty is NOT up until 2018. If you have the Intellipanel and there is no message about regens or no lights flashing, it is probably not that. Scroll through the display on the dash by pushing the button and you should get to a display that says how full the dpf filter is. That said it sure sounds like the fuel system is gunked up. Get the owners manual asap since changing fuel filters may be a little different from the older tractors.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Check/change all your fluids if you don't know what the history is. This is the first on my list when getting a used piece of equipment. Sounds like air in the fuel line, when I disconnected my fuel line I had to bleed the injectors before it would run right without stalling.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If it set outside it may have moisture in the fuel. If the tank wasn't full that can add to the condensation. Might drain some fuel in a glass container and see if water eventually appears.