Hydraulic lever for 3pt stuck

Ryoung

Jun 8, 2015
Hollister, Fl USA
Kubota L2650 3pt hitch control stopped working correctly, checked hydraulic level to be correct and discovered the feed back rod was bent/broken. I replaced the rod (the feed back lever was still working at that time) in adjusting the rod if too loose the hitch would not lift, tighten it enough to engage the lift then the rod would bend when the hitch was lowered. Now the feed back lever is stuck in the down position. I have removed the rod, the hitch will raise and lower, but if the control handle is pulled all the way back the hydraulic pump gets overloaded and there is a very fine line between raising and lowering the 3pt.

Last edited:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You need to adjust the rod to the point that you have no squeal from the pump running against relief! Also when the hitch and lift lever is all the way up, you should have about 1.5" inches of free play in the lift arms. If you are still having problems with it after that, then it's probably a control valve adjustment.

Pat

Ryoung

Jun 8, 2015
Hollister, Fl USA
Pat, thanks for the adjustment information. However the problem is that the lever, feed back is stuck. I can move the position lever forward and backward, but the feed back does not move when the 3pt is raised or lowered.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Alright, do you have a service manual? You going to have to pull the lift cover and inspect the spool assembly for the feed back rod and see if has the proper adjustments.

Pat

Ryoung

Jun 8, 2015
Hollister, Fl USA
Pat, you were right, the correct adjustment to the feedback rod solved the problem, nothing was stuck.

Wolfman, thanks for the manual information, it helped me better understand how the control lever works which made it easier to fix the problem.