F3990 won't crank

Kwebb24

Equipment
F3990
May 7, 2017
Manitoba
Hi my f3990 cut out when I got Off the seat (machine had parking break on) to open a gate, Now it won't restart. Changed battery and terminal and also seat sensor. Showing a 6P error, anyone know what this is ? Looked through manual and online couldn't find any info

Thanks for any help

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: F3990 won't crack

Hi my f3990 cut out when I got Off the seat (machine had parking break on) to open a gate, Now it won't restart. Changed battery and terminal and also seat sensor. Showing a 6P error, anyone know what this is ? Looked through manual and online couldn't find any info

Thanks for any help
Have you checked the "pto" lever? Many times if the engagement switch/knob/lever will keep the tractor from starting - check that first. Have no idea about the 6P error code.

Kwebb24

Equipment
F3990
May 7, 2017
Manitoba
Re: F3990 won't crack

Sorry for the title.... iPhone auto correct... the f3990 won't crank :rolleyes:
Thanks for the reply. Spent more then a few hours and changed out a few things on the machine.. In the end I found out it was the PTO switch. The thin metal tab wouldn't push down far enough so I added a couple of shims as a quick fix. Kubota really needs to publish a "book" of error codes so people aren't wasting hours trying to troubleshoot when they can't find info on the codes.