Hydraulic system problem

sfg

Equipment
M 4030 SU
Oct 2, 2016
Boaz, Alabama
I need help ! I have a 1990 m 4030 su . I was bush hogging this weekend after about an hour my power steering stopped working then I noticed my loader which was up wouldn't work either. I checked hydro fluid it was low .. No obvious leak so I added fluid everything worked but I knew something had to be wrong because I had not added any fluid to the power steering resvouir. After running a few minutes hydro fluid started leaking from the overflow on the power steering resviour . I don't know how this power steering system works Im guessing its a bad seal in the hydro pump or somewhere allowing fluid to be forced into the power steering system. I don't really know where to start .. Its been less than a year since the hydraulic system has be serviced and everything worked great until Saturday.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have an issue with the pump, most likely it blew a seal between the two parts of the pump.

sfg

Equipment
M 4030 SU
Oct 2, 2016
Boaz, Alabama
I'm not having much luck finding info about this hydraulic system . I have a few questions that I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer . is the external pump the only pump ? Could this problem be the o rings in the hose connections going to the power steering tank ? Would rebuilding the pump be a good fix or is replacing it the best option ? And where is a good place to get a rebuild kit or a pump if necessary?

Thanks for any advice....

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Have a look here for exploded parts lists/diagrams of your machine,
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx,
as NIW suggests, probably something wrong in the pump itself causing high pressure fluid from the main hydraulics to bleed into the steering section as these have a dual pump, I expect removal of the pump and rebuild by a reputable company in your area.
A workshop manual for your machine would have hydraulic flow diagrams etc in it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the external pump the only pump ? Could this problem be the o rings in the hose connections going to the power steering tank ? Would rebuilding the pump be a good fix or is replacing it the best option ? And where is a good place to get a rebuild kit or a pump if necessary?

Thanks for any advice....
Yes the external pump is the only Hydraulic pump.
Very unlikely that it's an O ring on a hose issue.
A pump re-builder can tell you is the pump is rebuild-able or if it is better to get a new one.
That pump P/N 35430-82202 is $850+ and may or may not be available.