Rustproofing, tired of paint failure

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Had a welding shop fabricate a new sno-pusher. Decided not to paint and area behind quick attach was obscured. Used KROWN rustproofing in aerosol can. Originated in Canada. Had car treated at dealer last 3 years since new. Now avail for DYI in small cans. No prep on bare metal. Nozzle extention reaches obscure points. Must be reapplied every year but so fast. 2 cans did 7 ft sno-pusher, with very liberal application. Aerosol is $7 can. I have dealer close by in NY. Whole car/truck $120. Paint and prep too time consuming. Every scratch is a rust spot. Use this for implements generally. Like a painted tractor. Does not harm painted surfaces. Google Krown rustproofing if interested in paint alternative for new metal fabrication. Can be used on rusty surfaces, will prevent rust from progressing further but not remove what rust that already exists. Finish is clear, remains somewhat oily to the touch.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Through the years I have sprayed used engine oil inside car doors, door posts and fenders. That's getting into areas that rust from the inside.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
When a krown dealer treats a vehicle, they drill ,spray and plug all vehicle cavities such as referenced door panels, posts, fender wells, rocker panels, and so forth. The aerosol can is designed for exposed painted or bare metal surfaces directly exposed to the elements. Difficult to forsee all questions with an initial post.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
How does this product compare to Fluid Film?

https://www.plowsite.com/forums/eureka-fluid-film.68/
Thanks, 'Cat, was wondering same thing.

A little Fluid Film goes a LONG WAY....cast iron top of my table saw is still a little wet after a couple years, and I use it.....:eek::eek:

I did try FF on the chute of my snowblower. I think it froze and was hard to turn last year until I went back to spray grease.