Redirecting

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I get redirected to a site that says my computer is infected by virus, every day on this site. No where else does it happen to me. Just now I tried 3 times to go to the new posts page and was redirected all three times. Had to close the window and try again for it to work. Sometimes I have to close my browser, because I can not close just the page.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not our site redirecting you, it's your computer doing it.
You have malware, a virus, or worse yet ransomware that has not fully integrated, and when it does you'll lose everything. :eek:

You need to download a very strong antivirus program!

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Unfortunatly many hackers can blast through many antivirus programs.
It is not the ott site but someone made it a trigger.

Try the items I posted. Flush twice!

Symantecs posts a way to blow itself out of the water on their site. And I would bet hackers use it.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/fo...e-through-command-line-smcexe-stop-p-xxxxxxxx

Ray
Thanks, I will try. Running Mcafee again right now. Just odd, I am on many different forums and nothing else causes this issue.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Does it only happen on one computer? If so, it sounds like something compromised your hosts file. If it happens on all computers on a network, then likely something in the routing table is compromised.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Sounds like it is attached itself to a cookie.. that happens to be associated with OTT...... thus why it is only an issue with this forum. Clear all your cookies and run couple different Malware "remove" programs (not at same time) to clean out the junk. Anti Virus and Anti Malware can miss things occasionally. If they do... then you need a remover to rid yourself of what they missed. Generally speaking Anti's are catch nets.. not removers.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Does it only happen on one computer? If so, it sounds like something compromised your hosts file. If it happens on all computers on a network, then likely something in the routing table is compromised.
I only use one computer, so yes. Never logged into this site on another device.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Sounds like it is attached itself to a cookie.. that happens to be associated with OTT...... thus why it is only an issue with this forum. Clear all your cookies and run couple different Malware "remove" programs (not at same time) to clean out the junk. Anti Virus and Anti Malware can miss things occasionally. If they do... then you need a remover to rid yourself of what they missed. Generally speaking Anti's are catch nets.. not removers.
Thanks

I use torch as my browser.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Try a different browser. If it still happens, then it's something like the hosts file or router table. If it stops happening, then it's something like the cookies.