BX2380 Issues

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
I purchased a Kubota BX2380 in the spring of 2017. So far I have 3 issues with the tractor and I would like feedback or advise from other BX2380 (BX1880 BX2680) owners on Issue 3.

Issue 1 Radiator screen. When I removed or installed my rad screen it seemed to bind near the bottom of its guide slots. I removed the front battery access panel and I could see that the bottom edge of the rad screen was sliding against a wiring harness. Removed the battery to get better access to the wiring harness. I removed some of the tye-wraps holding the wiring harness, repositioned the harness and re tye-wrapped the harness. I probably moved it 0.25 inches at most. Issue solved, no more interference between the harness and screen.
Issue 2 Block heater and GFI tripping. In December I used the block heater in cold weather and it worked fine. However when I started using it in January it would trip the GFI after a few seconds of operation. I made some resistance measurements with my DVM.
Hot to Nutral 30 ohms Hot to Ground >20 Mohms Nutral to Ground >20 Mohms
Ground on Plug to Frame of tractor less than 0.1 ohms.
I unplugged the power cable from the block heater housing. I noticed there was a small amount of coolant around the connector. Cleaned the block heater connector and power cable connector with soap and hot water. Used compressed air to get any residual water out of the connector ends. Plugged the power connector back into the block heater housing. Plugged the power cable into the GFI receptacle. Worked fine, no GFI tripping.
Went back to the block heater and removed power connector from the block heater housing. Came back a couple of hours later and could see a couple of drops of coolant inside the block heater connector.
Phoned the Kubota salesman and explained the problem. He admitted right away there have been a few problems like this and said the tech who installed it was a little to heavy handed about raming the block heater housing into the Kubota frost plug opening. The porcelain on the block heater housing would crack and allow a small amount of coolant to leak into the 120 volt connector. A tech came a couple of days later and put a new block heater in the tractor. No charge and the block heater works good.
Issue 3 FEL hydraulic connectors are leaking. The BXxx80 tractors have a mass termination assembly to connect the 4 hydraulic lines between the tractor and the FEL. Place the hydraulic assembly from the FEL with the guide pins inserted into the holes on the tractor assembly, rotate the locking lever and all the hydraulic lines are connected at once. Seems pretty simple and I have removed and reattached the FEL around 8 times since I got the tractor. However sometimes the hydraulic connector assembly will leak fluid. From very little (less than drops per day) to alot (drops per minute). It is impossible to see the actual connection because the mass termination assembly hides most of the hydraulic lines. When this happens I usually detatch and reattach the FEL and the leak usually goes away.
Have any other BXxx80 owners had this problem? Any solutions?