Kubota common troubleshooting

dax

Equipment
L1-R26, mower, tiller, plow, post hole digger, trailer, mechanical winch
Mar 14, 2009
ROMANIA, GORJ
Hello everyone!
Is kubota having common problems? I mean common as a brand or as series for the Kubota brand? And I mean problems like troubleshooting, something broken, common problems in the gearbox, engine, hydraulics, etc.

dax

Equipment
L1-R26, mower, tiller, plow, post hole digger, trailer, mechanical winch
Mar 14, 2009
ROMANIA, GORJ
For instance the hour meter cable that snaps at 5 inches from the engine. Is it the lack of proper maintenance? :D
Mine is broken too... :(

kendiverdown

Equipment
GR2100
Sep 9, 2009
Waterford, Pa,
I have a 2007 GR2100 with 101 hours. I have noticed there is a hose located under the seat that looks like it is a vent or overflow hose with a plastic valveof some kind on the end, anyway, there is transmittion fluid leaking from this hose. What should I check to find out what kinda problem I have?
Thanks
Ken

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
m9000's...fuel guage, 2 m9000's in the neighborhood and no working fuel guage on either one....one of them is mine!...............al

Tardis

Equipment
GR2100
Jul 18, 2010
Moorefield Ontario Canada
I have a GR2100. the glide steer cable right front to rear is broken. how do I remove the cable from the front past the power steering cylinder and frame?
any help would be appreciated thankyou
Jake:confused:

logger

Equipment
L4200 with L680 FEL, GR2100, Woods back hoe
Aug 24, 2010
Cabool, Missouri
I have a GR2100. the glide steer cable right front to rear is broken. how do I remove the cable from the front past the power steering cylinder and frame?
any help would be appreciated thankyou
Jake:confused:
You need to get the two front wheels off the ground so that the axle will swivel around the king pin. This will allow additional space on one side or the other as you swivel the axle. I have replaced two glide steer cables. The first time with the wheels on the ground and it would have been impossible if I hadn't used a pull rope attached to the old cable when I pulled it out. It still took forever the work in through. The second time I lifted the front end off the ground and had it done in five minutes. Good luck.

Logger

aeroman

Equipment
GR 2100
Sep 10, 2010
Wheeling, WV
Hello,

This post is directed at one of you friendly servicemen, or someone who has experienced this problem. On my rear axle, left side, the glide steer actuator (right name?) appears to have a fluid leak where the shaft enters the axle housing. I'm assuming there is a seal on the shaft leaking. Is this a common GR2100 problem? Can the seal be changed from the outside of the housing? How do I get the actuator shaft out if I can change it fom outside the axle housing etc. etc. . The leak isn't bad yet....just a couple of drops on the garage floor after each use. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
The Glow Plug Controller seems to be a fairly common problem, at least on the L series. I was told it goes bad mostly from people letting the tractors sit out in the weather.

My shaft seal that goes to the front wheel drive leaks a little, I just keep an eye on the fluid level.

Other than that, I haven't had any trouble other than normal wear and tear, and mine gets a serious workout every time I get on it.:D

cdugger

Equipment
2002 L3010 gst
Feb 3, 2011
troy,tn
i have 2002 L3010 gst that has 853 hrs on and one day i started hearin hyd oil runnin through value where you lift loader and then all hyd quit workin it sat in shed for bout year and i cranked it one day and the steerin will work now but nothin else will there was no metal in hyd filter or oil and i can't find anyone to tell me whats wrong

goslowlowe

Equipment
Gr 2100
Sep 30, 2011
Yorktown
You need to get the two front wheels off the ground so that the axle will swivel around the king pin. This will allow additional space on one side or the other as you swivel the axle. I have replaced two glide steer cables. The first time with the wheels on the ground and it would have been impossible if I hadn't used a pull rope attached to the old cable when I pulled it out. It still took forever the work in through. The second time I lifted the front end off the ground and had it done in five minutes. Good luck.

Logger
So I'll lift the front end off the ground for sure,do I need to take the mower deck off as well? I couldn't seem to see the cable more than 4-5 inches from the front wheel . Im assuming it's about 24 - 30 inches long going to the rear axle ?

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Back to the topic at hand, the easiest troubleshooting is to check the color of the tractor. If it ain't orange, there's your problem. :)

Phatboy2003

Jul 18, 2013
Maine
I have a Kubota B3300su...Changed the engine oil the other day, checked trans fluid level, everything worked fine. Went out today to use it and loader wont lift, but bucket will tilt. Also pulled out trans dip stick and fluid started to gush out...really strange...does someone not like me?

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I have a Kubota B3300su...Changed the engine oil the other day, checked trans fluid level, everything worked fine. Went out today to use it and loader wont lift, but bucket will tilt. Also pulled out trans dip stick and fluid started to gush out...really strange...does someone not like me?
Do you suspect it was tampered with?
is the fluid milky like there may be water in it?
The engine oil is the correct level?

malikhain

Equipment
kubota 2402 dtm
Oct 13, 2011
philippines
hi!
I Have a kubota L1- 225 and i noticed that the arm lifting my rotovator
dont work properly like it wont litf or lower the rotovator anymore? can anyone
give me an idea what went wrong? i usually got this problem after i wash this
tractor...:mad:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Simple fix... Quit washing the tractor!;)

You would have to give us a lot more info to be able to trouble shoot it.:cool:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Electricly controlled? If so some connection is getting wet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2