b7800 wont start

beetlebaily

May 30, 2010
waynesburg, pa , usa
My son started it no problem, backed out of garage forgot something so shut it off. Got back on and would not start no dash lights no cranking nothing. Checked battery fully charged and has fuel. Any ideas??

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Clean the battery terminals at the battery post and both ends of both cables. Be sure to clean the area of metal that the ground cable clamps to on the tractor.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Simplest thing first, check the battery voltage at the + post. If OK, check it at the + clamp to the battery post, if OK, keep your probe on that post, and turn the key to start. If the voltage drops, you have a bad connection between the positive lead and the battery post, or possibly the negative battery connection, or the negative cable to ground.
If the voltage does not drop, then you should check the starter solenoid connection for voltage when you turn the key to start. If there is no voltage there, or very low, it could be the ignition switch, or a poor connection anywhere from it, thru any safety switches and wires to the solenoid.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My son started it no problem, backed out of garage forgot something so shut it off. Got back on and would not start no dash lights no cranking nothing. Checked battery fully charged and has fuel. Any ideas??
Check the lever controlling the PTO - same exact thing happened to me on another tractor.:D:)