Kubota L295 Value

David 55

Apr 22, 2014
Killen, Al
Looking at a 1 owner 1980 Kubota L295, 2wd that has 532 original hours, no power steering, tires excellent, sheet metal straight and paint
good. Very nice tractor. Any advice on value and what to watch out for on this model would be appreciated.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
When it was new, it probably cost about $4500. My L185DT was $4000, a 245DT was $4400. They were a couple of years older, but were 4WD. The tacho and hour meter on those tractors had a tendency to quit around 700 hours - mine lasted to 749. So make sure it is working before you believe those small hours. Those tractors are now obsolete, or close to it. Kubota is not supplying major parts for them anymore, although there were a lot built and sold, so you can find most of what you might need.
It is a fine 2WD tractor. If you are going to till a garden, mow, bush hog, etc. it will do very well for you. Search through CL or ebay for an idea on price.
I sold my L185DT because the radiator got hot and blew its neck off, and then my dealer could not get a new one. I soldered the neck back on, and pressure washed all sorts of stuff from the radiator fins. I was ready to retire and was afraid if I broke it a year or two later I wouldn't be able to afford a new one. So I bought a L3200. The guy that has the 185 now still uses it all the time around his farm.
They are built to last...
So, I'd look at the ordinary things - steering mechanism, radiator, levers, etc. Most likely it is fine.