B 7100 FEL frabacation

lastdrift

Equipment
b7100 and 60in mower
Dec 2, 2015
kirkwood pa,
Good morning have a question to the forum. Has anyone ever fabricated a fel for a B7100 from the original kubota drawings looking to build a loader for a 97 hst machine.Would like to pull dimensions from original parts for sub frame any ideas? used parts availibility ?Thanks:eek:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Good morning have a question to the forum. Has anyone ever fabricated a fel for a B7100 from the original kubota drawings looking to build a loader for a 97 hst machine.Would like to pull dimensions from original parts for sub frame any ideas? used parts availibility ?Thanks:eek:

I am with Kenny, where ya gettin these drawings?

Unless you are a metal fabricator - I would think you would be in for a project that would take several 100 hours and a great deal of steel and hydraulic parts!:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I have been contemplating building a loader as well. Dimensions and strength of materials is a big consideration, a couple simpke mis-calculations and stuff could break, like castings on tractor.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I built one for a Ford 1500. I bought a tractor to leave at our other home and it did not have a loader. I started pricing loaders for it and quickly found out the loader was costing more than the tractor was worth. One day I was in my shop and my other tractor set there beside this one and I was kind of licking my wounds about the loader thing and I got an idea.
My other tractor was about the same body size as the ford but it ad more HP but on it was a loader as a pattern. I copied this loader size and made one for the Ford that was painted up you could not tell it was not a Ford loader.
he tractor now belongs to my SIL and it has the same loader on it and they still use it often. The price of steel now would be something to look at and see if you would come out ahead. One thing I had going for me was I was a machinest and could go into the shop and use the machines if I needed, but I lready had a BP mill and lathe in my shop so I did not need to use theirs

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Its not rocket science, but some hydraulic and geometry knowledge is required. A solid mounting location that ties as much of the tractor together as possible. Proper cylinder sizing. Hoses, joystick valve.

My only snippet is when welding fish plates, or braces, the braces need to be rounded, not square. Complete weld. This is common practice in structual fabrication and the first thing we learned going for our "R" stamp in welding. If its square, it will be weak along the welded joint whereas a rounded plate is stronger and provides far more strength.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
My only snippet is when welding fish plates, or braces, the braces need to be rounded, not square. Complete weld. This is common practice in structual fabrication and the first thing we learned going for our "R" stamp in welding. If its square, it will be weak along the welded joint whereas a rounded plate is stronger and provides far more strength.
So you round over the top edges of the plates? Interesting I'm going to remember that.