L2501 "Power Beyond Port" connection for Land Pride 3rd Hyd point / Grapple

coreyperez

Jul 17, 2015
North Pole
Morning!

I took delivery of a L2501 on Friday 24 JUL 2015 and opted to self-install the 3rd hydraulic point for a Grapple. The land pride paperwork says the line needs to be installed into the power beyond port, but nowhere can I find where that is. There are two lines (obviously), one short (looks to go to the junction under the driver's right foot) and a long 6(ish) foot line. I've deduced that it probably routes in place of a hard steel line that goes from under the driver seat to the area under the floor, I believe it was directly from the pump. My annoyance is, nowhere, in anything does it say where exactly this should go. I'm not willing to burn up the pump/tractor with 1.2 hours on it "assuming" this is where it went. I was hoping that somebody already had this installed and could give me some solid guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Corey

References:

http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/380-153m.pdf

1. Locate and remove the steel tube that is connected
to the power beyond port at the outlet block under the
tractor platform.
Refer to Figure 2:
2. Install hydraulic adapter (#8A) to power beyond port
on the outlet block under the tractor platform.
3. Connect elbow (#9A) to adapter (#8A).
4. Connect 33" long hose (#12) from ***8220;P***8221; port of
valve (#10) to elbow (#9A).
5. Install hydraulic adapter (#8B) to the port on the
tractor where the steel tube connecting the power
beyond ports was removed in step 1 above.
6. Connect elbow (#9B) to adapter (#8B).
7. Connect 68" long hose (#13) from the ***8220;T***8221; port of
valve (#10) to elbow (#9B).
8. Secure hoses (#12 & #13) to underside of tractor
with cable ties (#3).
9. Check tractor hydraulic fluid level. If low, add
recommended hydraulic fluid. Refer to your tractor
Operator's Manual for recommended hydraulic fluid
and procedure for checking hydraulic fluid level.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Re: L2501 "Power Beyond Port" connection for Land Pride 3rd Hyd point / Grapple

Your directions aren't any better than the ones for my rear hydraulics. Lay it all out on a bench and dry fit it. Ponder it a bit and walk away. Come back and do it again. I probably spent as much time pondering as installing.

You could just go to a Dealer and look.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

If you look on the loader valve it should list PB as one of the ports, just disconnect that line a loop in the 3rd function control.

coreyperez

Jul 17, 2015
North Pole

Just to keep this updated/closed,

I talked to Land Pride, they gave me instructions for the 3301 (dealer says the only thing different between 3301 and 2501 is motor). There is a steel line that connects right under the seat (near hydraulic shutoff valve for PTO), the long line connects there and the short line (provided) connects to the location on the hydraulic block (under right foot, hydraulic junction block) that the metal line connected to.

Basically, you are removing the steel line (under seat - under right foot) and replacing with the 3rd point hydraulic valve.

Corey

coreyperez

Jul 17, 2015
North Pole

Attached are the install photos. Works as advertised!

Corey

Attachments

hitechredneck

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride Rotary Cutter, Woods tiller, FEL, Dirt Dog box scraper
Sep 21, 2015
Belton, SC

WHat grapple did you get? Are you happy with it?

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA

Any updates on how this 3rd function kit has worked out? I'm also interested in knowing more about that grapple. I'm looking to possibly do the same to my l3901 this year.

coreyperez

Jul 17, 2015
North Pole

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay. I didn't seem to get notification about your questions and only stumbled upon this thread while looking at some unrelated questions.

I got the Land Pride grapple from the Kubota dealer. The 3rd hyd function has worked out really well and I'm happy with it. Just this past winter (2016) I've noticed a leak, but it could be from something I did. I disconnected the lines to the grapple and actuated the system a few good times, thinking that it would spray fluid if that was the problem, but I'm not exactly sure where it is leaking from at this point. But, being in Interior Alaska, it is currently -35 deg, so I'm not overly worried at this point.

The other day I had to use the bucket and cold-cranked the diesel at about -20 (or colder) and she started right up.

I'm pretty impressed with all the Kubota equipment and Land Pride accessories I've purchased thus far!

Corey