wider tires for L3901

CROSSCUT

Equipment
L3901
Jul 22, 2015
wi
I just bought a new L3901 for my tree service with turf tires. The problem is I need wider tires and rims. I would really like 12" wide in front. Nobody makes anything wider the 25/8.4/14. Would tires and rims fit from L grand on to mine?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Always be careful with the front end. Additional pressures on the front axles (weight, leverage, etc.) can damage them.

The rears, those are quite a bit tougher and you can double up tires or put spacers on it to move them out wider.

Not entirely certain why you need to ultra wide tires.

These are as large as I could find that would seem to fit your rims but they are implement tires and probably have a different rolling circumference and very low traction for 4WD.

http://www.millertire.com/products/...4/11l-14-american-farmer-rib-implement-8-ply/

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I need wider tires so I don't make ruts in homeowners lawn hauling wood out.
Crosscut,
unfortunately you should have figured out exactly what you needed THEN
bought the tractor to fit your needs/application because changing to a wider tire is really not an option now. It's not the same as other types of equipment that was designed to take many different sizes of tires or like what so many commonly do with a 4X4 pickup truck jacking it up and adding a bigger set of tires for off road use or mud bogging etc.
Your tractor was designed and engineered to work with the tire options that are available and any change to the front end width wise will put more strain on the front end bearings axles etc than it can take and you will break it and it will be VERY expensive to fix when you do that. It's one thing to change from Ag to Industrial to Turf in sizes the tractor came with from the factory to keep from tearing up the lawn but going wider up front is not something you can get away with doing.
Al

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Also have not seen anyone mention the fact that you would have to make sure you keep the same rolling circumference and ratio front to back as it will also do a lot of damage to the tractor if you change that. ;)

If you really want to make sure you float buy a set of Matttracks! ;)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Congrats NIWolfman, that is the first picture of a tractor on Mattracks I have ever seen... and it happens to be a 'bota. Nice!