Are you happy with the hydraulic lift capacity of your Kubota?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Why do people get a compact tractor and then expect it to work like a 988..I just dont understand

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Wolfman...2k capacity ???....12 more payments and I'll own my L3800....I guess I'll need to trade up to whatever model has a 2k cap lift....That model....so my forks can work to the capacity intended :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
For the size of the machine yes I am very happy with what it will do
Lift capacity costs money, how heavy can you afford to lift?
Lift less or spend more, thems your options.

And yes, Im happy with the lift capacity of my Kubota
my b2301 has a LA434 loader with a lift capacity of 948lbs.
I couldn't ask more of a 22hp. tractor.
Why do people get a compact tractor and then expect it to work like a 988..I just dont understand
Like these guys said, I've got a 2,000lb machine, including the loader, ballast, and my big ass in the seat.:p:p

Am I happy with my lift capacity? Sometimes no.

For that reason, I started looking at something bigger; "just add $$" like adventure bob said......

Holy shyt! $17,000, plus my tractor, would get me a few hundred pounds more lift!:eek::eek:

That isn't going to work......so am I happy? Still sometimes no.

But does it lift everything I should expect from a 2,000lb machine, without hurting me or the tractor?

Absolutely!:D:D

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My little L1501 will lift more than i can. So, as far as my 3 point goes im satisfied. It will go through my gate and carry 10 bags of pellets without complaining. It also complains less than me.i spent the same money on a riding lawn mower that only does one thing. Kubota does many things quite well.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Amen to that Frank....I do love my Kubota....and its really really hard to find the perfect one size fits all....with my rollbar down I can drive into my basement and drop stuff with my forks. With the next bigger size. L5800 I think. I don't believe I could get into the tight spots I do now. Its a good size for me.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
No matter what size tractor you buy eventually you will find something it can't lift so the straight answer to the OP's question is no. With that said, my little LA203 does exactly what it Kubota said it would do. When I run into something it can't lift, that's on me and my decision making process. I weighed my options and bought a small machine that does 95% of what I need done because the other 5% would have cost me 10's of thousands more and created it's own set of problems like maneuverability, service costs, storage costs ect ect.

I'm happy with my lift capacity. Since the FEL under load can pick the loaded rear tires off the ground how could I expect more from it? It's a physics issue at that point not a quality or design problem.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I've had this complaint many many times over the years. Every single instance, the hydraulic pressures were within specification. Every single time I later find out that the owner was expecting his 30hp tractor to be a dedicated fork lift, and the LA525 is just a 1050 lb lift capacity at the pin. Just like a fork lift, the further away from the pin the load is, the less the lift capacity. Every single complaint, I'll find that the loader will lift more than the tractor will handle...rear end wheelie. First L3301 I sold, guy complained that his Hinomoto would out-do this brand new $24,000 tractor. I get it in my posession and everything is fine. About a year later I find out that he's trying to pick up a pallet of rocks of unknown weight, I'm figureing close to 2000 lbs. Ain't gonna happen. He needs a forklift. Or a much bigger tractor.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I'm very happy with the FEL on the L3901DT. When I bought pallet forks, I looked for the lightest frame I could find so not to use up my lifting capacity. I'm not sure that everyone understands that the weight of the forks and frame will take away from what you can lift. And like lugbolt said, the farther you pick something up from the pin, the less weight you can pick up. I hope this thread will help educate people about these things.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The L4610 i used to run was trying to unload recycle bins. 750 lbs each/two strapped to a pallet. As i lifted it and backed away from trailer the tractor started tilting to one side. Scared the crap outta me!
Dropped load as quickly and smoothly as possible. lift capacity or not, still needs a safety margin.

Here at home i have a forklift also, will lift a ton with ease, but only on solid ground/concrete. The old 40 hp tractor dont lift a lot,but will lift 12 feet easily.

A small machine is agile, wont leave huge ruts and fits into tight places.
It has limitations. Every machine has its limits. Just need to work within them.

DMM

Nov 12, 2016
Fauquire Va
I have a new L3301 and am not thrilled with the loader. I'm going to do a pressure check (dealer said PDI said 2500 psi) as I'm sure it's at least 500-600 psi low. Seems every other model save for the LA525 will lift the front of the tractor off the ground, mine doesn't come close. If the pressure is fine, I see new rams in my very near future.

Lugbolt - what's with the ominous warning about running 2700 psi? Too much for the frame? Too much for the pump? Please explain.

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
I am happy with the capabilities of my little B2301. Before I purchased the Titan 3 pt ballast box it could lift more than was safe to lift with my little 54" QA bucket. I had an auger hanging off the back and I was thinking that would give me enough weight on the rear to give me the stability I wanted, but it carries the weight too high, and it gets swinging around and even adds to the instability when carrying a heavy load up front. Now I take the auger off and add the ballast box whenever I do any front end work. I am a lot happier with my tractor now.

I also purchased the titan skid steer attachment with 36" pallet forks. The blades and skid steer attachment together supposedly weigh 190 lbs. I don't know what my 54" bucket weighs, but it has to be more than that. The skid steer attachment keeps the load closer to the tractor as well. Having the right attachments will go a long ways to keeping you happy with the abilities of these little work horses.

TREX

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I'm happy and even if it did end up being weaker than another "like" tractor, the way I look at it, can't hurt myself or the tractor.
So I don't turn it up like some people do.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Great thread, I enjoyed reading the entire thread.
I have a Kubota L2501 with a LA525 Loader.
My rear tires are filled with liquid ballast and I have 3 sets of rear wheel weights and a box scraper on the rear.
I have 34 hours on it from digging hard clay in central Kentucky.
I have dug out a hill and leveled the land.
The bucket is the only attachment I have used on the loader.

I have been blown away by this little tractor.
It digs right into the side of a hill “hard clay and rocks everywhere” and keeps digging!

The LA525 will pick the tires off the ground at idle.
The tractor will lift a full bucket no problem!
The only time I run the loader hard enough to exceed the lift capacity and activate the pressure relief valve is when I dig in unbroken soil.

My 66 inch bucket L2256 weighs 120 pounds. The loader specs at 1,100 pounds. 850 at 500mm.

What do you think is going to happen when you take the 120 pound bucket off and add 300 pounds forks?
Heavy forks take away a lot of capacity to begin with.
Anybody who wants forks for a LA525 should try and find a light set of forks and understand that 850 pounds 20 inches away from the pivot pin MINUS THE WEIGHT OF YOUR FORKS!
add 300 pound forks and your down to 630 pounds!
The further out the less weight you can pickup.

The tractor loader was designed to move a bucket of material and has no problem at all doing that even if you have heavy materials like rock. You can stack rocks up in the bucket completely full to where it is heaping over the top and a LA525 will lift it no problem.
I have done it!
The tractor does a great job at moving a bucket full of material!
It doesn’t do a good as a forklift because it is not a fork lift!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I have no problems lifting 1 Tonne (2200+ lbs) to 10 feet on my M59. For a little tractor it has good grunt. I'd rather have more lift but I'd need a bigger machine that weighs twice as much but doesn't fit into the same tight spaces.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Old thread but I used a label maker and put the weights on the forks (and BH, and bucket) so I can remember them.

IMG_8385 2.JPG

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
I have a new L3301 and am not thrilled with the loader. I'm going to do a pressure check (dealer said PDI said 2500 psi) as I'm sure it's at least 500-600 psi low. Seems every other model save for the LA525 will lift the front of the tractor off the ground, mine doesn't come close. If the pressure is fine, I see new rams in my very near future.

Lugbolt - what's with the ominous warning about running 2700 psi? Too much for the frame? Too much for the pump? Please explain.
My new L3301/525 will lift the front off the ground, (already had to fix flat front tire) but it sure won't lift the rear tires and that is without any counter wt. Somewhat dissapointed at times trying to get a bucket of packet dirt.