Where can I find a key to engine trouble codes?

MGMike

Equipment
L6060
Jul 28, 2016
Oakpark VA
The Intellipanel on my 3-year-old L6060HST has illuminated the Engine Warning light and is displaying this message: "Error P 0380".

Where can I find a chart that translates this (and any other) error codes?

The shop manual lists codes only from "No. 20" to "No. 95". Nothing with a "P" or 4 digits.

I would be grateful for any explanation.

Mike

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
GWD: Thank you, that was a good suggestion. But does Kubota use OBD II?

M
Those Kubota error codes seem to be a state secret, and the techs can access them with their computers. Informally there does seem to be a correlation with the OBD II meanings. I have been keeping a list of the ones identified for folks on the forum, but don't have p0380. So if you find out from your dealer please let us know what it is and if it matches the OBD or not.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
They are OBD II codes, so there are similarities. However, the wording is different between Kubota's explanation and OBD II's explanation-and actually different manufacturers have different terminology, even among cars and trucks.

probably a glow control system error, best I can remember. I don't remember if the 6060 has a toaster or a glow plug or a unitized glow plug/injector combo.

MGMike

Equipment
L6060
Jul 28, 2016
Oakpark VA
So far I have received from different people three different translations for "P 0380": glow plug problem, intake air temperature sensor problem, and HST range gear shift lever sensor. The workshop manual which I just purchased from my dealer (9Y111-08240, published 2013, the year this L6060HST Grand was built) lists 14 different error codes for troubleshooting. They range from "Error No. 20" to "Error No. 95". Nothing is said in the manual about any letter prefix or four-digit numbers.

Following the error-clearing procedure in Mode "D" on the Intellipanel produces a message saying it's cleared --but it's not. It's still there.

I am grateful for everyone's replies and attempts to be helpful, but does anybody really and positively KNOW what "P 0380" signifies?

M

Last edited: