Backhoe hydraulic hose L3400 HST - BH76

MaverickH1

Apr 14, 2015
Virginia
While box blading, my hydraulic hose broke the zip tie that was holding it and ended up contacting the box blade over and over. It has rubbed down enough that I want to replace it before putting my backhoe back on the tractor.

My plan this evening is to go home, remove the hose and take it to a hydraulic hose facility in town. My only question is... if I remove that hose will fluid come pouring out of the attachment points? If so, how much?

It's the hose that connects to the back of the tractor when the BH is not on, and connects to the BH when the BH is on. The other end of the hose goes to a hydraulic block under the "passenger side" of the tractor underneath the floorboard.

If it's going to dump all of the fluid in the reservoir, I'd like to buy a cap to seal it up so I can keep as much fluid in there as possible. If it's normal drippage from the contents inside the hose itself, that's fine. If that's the case, does anyone know what size cap I'd need?

L3400 HST with FEL and BH76 backhoe.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture. I'm trying to plan my evening around this fix.

Thank you! I won't be using zip ties anymore... and the new hose will have a wire wrapped around it just in case. :D

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Only amount of fluid you should lose is what's in the hose you remove. Also once you replace the line it will not need bleeding.just hook it up check for leaks add fluid if needed.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Make sure you relieve all the hydro pressure by letting implements drop. Get oil drain pan or rags...break the end loose...get alittle hydro fluid running out...should be about it.

Word of caution...be very careful with the fittings they give you, Kubota sometimes uses propriatary fittings...

The other thing is when you go to install new one...do it very carefully so as to not cross thread the fittings....it is not very hard to bugger up the threads. Don't ask me how I know.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
All good advice. I would like to add, blow out your new hose. Debris from cutting hose can get lodged and come loose when oil flows and carry into your hydraulic system. Those little cuttings of wire braid can score your hydraulic cylinder and damage seals. Also be careful to keep dirt out when assembling.

MaverickH1

Apr 14, 2015
Virginia
Removed and new hose already made up. Those guys are quick!

Thanks for the advice. Only a few drops came out, and then I obviously had to push the male nipple of the quick connect side to release vacuum and drain the oil in the hose out.

I had wondered how to handle the cleaning portion of it because I don't trust the new hose to be clean inside. I'll bring it into the shop and blow it out and seal the ends before I put it on the tractor.

If they ended up using the wrong ends... will it be obvious? Especially with the quick disconnect side of the hose, will it just not fit or won't be able to lock down? Or will it be something less obvious where the quick disconnect male nipple is too oversized which restricts flow and makes implements the backhoe move slower or something like that?

Just curious. I've never messed with quick connect tractor hydraulics before.