MX5200 Clutch problems.

keffa12

May 25, 2019
Columbus, NC
Hello everyone,

Im looking at a 2015 Kubota mx5200 for a friend. It has 970 hours on it and is, in my opinion needing a clutch. The trouble is it had one put in 6 months ago at a Kubota dealer.
I checked the clutch linkage and it seemed way to tight and not allowing full release of the clutch onto the flywheel causing slippage. I loosened up the linkage and although better still slips when you put a load on it. Im pretty sure this is not normal and being that a number of people drive this tractor we cant pinpoint if its operator error or poor adjustment from Kubota. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?.
It also has codes on the dash E-93, E-94 and E-95, from what I have read it could be PTO Clutch?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated before I tear into it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What exact model MX5200 is it?

DT, F, H

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Irregardless of the travelling clutch arrangement, the PTO clutch is a wet pack and lockup pressure can be set externally on the side of the transmission case but you'll need a pressure gauge to ascertain static hydraulic pressure.

I just set mine on the new /used M I bought.

Accroding to my WSM. clutch free play shout be 3/4 to 1" measured at the pedal and is adjustable via the iinkage rod.

If you are getting an error code, I'd say the lockup pressure is too low.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I emailed you a link for the WSM, check it for the proper troubleshooting.

It will give you the procedure for both adjusting the mechanical drive clutch and for the PTO clutch.

Any more questions just ask. ;)

keffa12

May 25, 2019
Columbus, NC
Thankyou both very much for the insight and recommendations.
As free travel was mentioned I don't think I said but there was absolutely NONE.
Ill get into the machine again tomorrow and further diagnose it before splitting it. Ill report back any findings.
Thankyou again for the help

keffa12

May 25, 2019
Columbus, NC
The clutch disk was toasted bad. Needed flywheel aswell the rivests holding the clutch material had worn very deep into flywheel.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Someone's been hard on the clutch. #1 cause for that kind of wear is slipping the clutch while driving into a pile of gravel or rock while using the loader. Have also seen some guys use these little tractors for bulldozers pushing trees down, slipping the clutch the whole time. Slippage causes heat and wear. Use the gears. First gear low range works pretty good for stuff like that, but it's "inconvenient" to shift gears all the time for some people. They should have gotten HST transmissions. No clutch in those to burn up, at least not on the MX5200.