Kubota filters...

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Maybe for you, not for me. Far as railroads go, in EMD engines the lube oil is never changed. It's sucked out, centrifuged, additives added and back in it goes. I spent a lot of time at Electromotive before they closed the McCook facility. I hauled cranks for Park Ohio Industries (Ohio Crankshaft) to Electromotive 2 times a week for years
How railroads did oil change/replenishment was not the point I wished to make. The point was that their method was highly controlled and repeatable. The average tractor/machinery owner does not follow such strict protocol, so the lab analysis of motor/lube oil is not as meaningful and can be very misleading. But I promise you that metal in the filter is meaningful and the only way you're going to find that out is if you cut that filter open and look.
Just sayin'....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Haha!!
Since we are on the oil subject.... my BX2670-1 says in the book to use 3.3 Quarts of oil, it takes 4.5 Qts to get it up close to the upper mark on the dip stick. 3.3 is around mid or a little less on the stick... what should I go with, the book or the stick?
The 3.3 quarts is for our neighbors to the North.. They are/were called GIQ's, back when I was in college, buying and drinking beer. GIQ= Giant Imperial Quarts. :D