L2501 little to no power?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wow, dry gas (isopropyl alcohol) and sea foam in a concentrated amount. It's a diesel engine not a gas motor. I'm surprised it even runs at all.

Carodo

Equipment
L2501 with front end loader
Jun 24, 2019
Amesbury, Ma, USA
Wow, dry gas (isopropyl alcohol) and sea foam in a concentrated amount. It's a diesel engine not a gas motor. I'm surprised it even runs at all.
Dry gas was in the first tank. Sea foam was in the second tank and filter. Either way, made no difference.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
as a new 2501 owner ive read through this thread with some interest. Just trying to soak up any knowledge on potential issues I could encounter one day. So far my 2501 runs like a champ, but only has 10 hours on it.

I'm a little baffled by some suggesting here they are putting gas and seafoam through the engine as a solution...... Seafoam does state on the can (I have some that I use on gas engines) that it can be used in all types of diesel, but I'm really baffled by the use of gasoline. I always thought that was a big no no in a diesel engine. Why are people using this as a solution? Also, any of the people from months ago find a solution to the issue? Id like to know things to keep an eye out for, and this seems like a problem several people have had.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I think the OP was using a product that removes water from fuel rather than gasoline or a derivative. Straight gasoline would be instant bad results. I have seen folks on the diesel pickup boards use a small quantity in their full of diesel fuel tank for some purpose that I didn't bother to remember. I never would.

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
as a new 2501 owner ive read through this thread with some interest. Just trying to soak up any knowledge on potential issues I could encounter one day. So far my 2501 runs like a champ, but only has 10 hours on it.

I'm a little baffled by some suggesting here they are putting gas and seafoam through the engine as a solution...... Seafoam does state on the can (I have some that I use on gas engines) that it can be used in all types of diesel, but I'm really baffled by the use of gasoline. I always thought that was a big no no in a diesel engine. Why are people using this as a solution? Also, any of the people from months ago find a solution to the issue? Id like to know things to keep an eye out for, and this seems like a problem several people have had.
Drygas is and additive product to remove water from gasoline (alcohol). Sounds like OP has air intrusion or plugged up injectors and /or injection pump.

For you, I as a new L2501 owner with 60 hours on it, would recommend the suite of Power Service products as complete insurance. Essentially all of them used as recommended on their web site including the biocide as a preventative. It is cheap insurance to be sure you do not end up with fuel issues like we did. We are now on the fuel additive band wagon as preventative because we must have the tractor run on the day it is needed or we dig ourselves into a big hole with no way out other than renting additional equipment the next available work day which is not really the answer. Please note this is from someone with no bulk fuel tank who just uses 5 gallon cans to fill the tractor fuel tank.

GD