Hyd remote help

mack truck 51

May 12, 2019
Harrogate tn
Hello,I need help with plumbing in a rear hyd attachment on my BX 1850.I put a tee on the PB for return and a tee on the pump for pressure and ran two kwik couplers out the back.When i connect the hoses up that run from the pump to the valve on the attachment which has a open contol valve the front loader will not work or my attachment but the 3pt hitch still has power. Unplug the rear hyd and the front loader starts workin as normal.Any help would be appreciated

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hello,I need help with plumbing in a rear hyd attachment on my BX 1850.I put a tee on the PB for return and a tee on the pump for pressure and ran two kwik couplers out the back.When i connect the hoses up that run from the pump to the valve on the attachment which has a open contol valve the front loader will not work or my attachment but the 3pt hitch still has power. Unplug the rear hyd and the front loader starts workin as normal.Any help would be appreciated
What you are doing does not make sense.

Where is the power beyond originating.... from the loader valve perhaps?
Because the overall hydraulic system is an Open Center design, you cannot just tee into the pump line.

Your new valve for the rear attachment Tell me more about it. One spool or more? Does it have a power beyond kit installed in it? Is it on the tractor or on the attachment?

Dave

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
From what I understand you are doing you are trying to use the loader valve for the rear remote buy just putting T's in the PB line from the loader valve and a T in the tank line from the loader valve. This WILL NOT work. You need a completely seperate valve for the remotes. Undo what you have done and remove the T's and put the tractors system back to original.

I just added rear remotes on my L2501 and learned a great deal about tractor hydraulics from the guys on here. I'm not familliar with BX but I'm sure the hydraulic system operates the same.
First of all, you can not tee into the power beyond. The hydraulic system has to be one continuos loop. The below link might help explain some stuff, but if not I'll try to do my best to explain it.
This is what has to be done:
You need an open center valve with power beyond. Your existing loader valve should have a port with "PB" on it that feeds the three point hitch and other hydraulic functions of the tractor, mine did. Run a line from that PB port on your loader valve to the in port on the new rear remote valve. Then run a line from the PB port of the new rear remote valve to where the line from the PB port on the loader valve originally went. You may be able to use the existing PB line depending where you put the new rear remote valve. This creates the continuous loop. Now run lines from the work ports of the rear remote valve to the back of your tractor for the remotes. Run another line from the tank port on the new rear remote valve to the the tank of your tractor. The tank line is the only place where a T can be used. I just put a T right where the tank line from the loader valve is attached to the tractor and tied the new rear remote tank line into it.
I hope this make sence

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39595

Last edited: