BX2370 and mud--are my expectations out of wack?

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
Bet your lugs are not nearly as deep. Where mud and soft soil traction comes from.
I would say they are completely proportional to the ones on the big greenie, and considering that, the bx rears are 26" tall and the fronts are 18" so... the ones on the big greenie are what, 80+"? The first ones below the john deere do look deeper by proportion. That said, Them bx tires are the only "R1s", and I say that with reservation, you can get with that machine. The old boy in the field (O.P.) is way out of the margin of traction. Kubota is the one who calls them R1s. Build a bx on the Kubota website, look at tire options. I live in a pretty rural area, and yeah all my neighbors have tractors and tires that make mine look inconsequential. I like the tiny tractor though for my stuff.
DB

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Its not the size of your tires or lugs, it's how you use them! :p :D

Last edited:

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
Oh yeah!
Honestly though, the proportions are very similar to mine, which are titans.
Well, I think the fronts on my last little BX were Goodyear titans and the rears were Maxxis.
I forget what the Kubota R1s are branded now, but the tread is exactly the same; probably contracted specs or something. But these are clearly marked brand whatever and in smaller print "Lawn Trac" I was trying to get a picture of the tread and missed the brand. I just wanted to show the difference between the R4s that come on all the loader pkgs, and that these tires are available if you demand them from your dealer. Mine gladly switched them out after I convinced them they were available. They don't tear up anything if you use some guidelines; excellent traction even in wet - not swampy though.

Attachments

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
So will the 7 extra inches of clearance on a B series make enough difference for an upgrade?
Stuck is stuck. If the tires of a B start sinking into mud, even though you don't bottom out, you are still stuck. Presumably a B series might be able to go further, but you can still get stuck in any tractor, even one with 8 foot tall tires.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
So will the 7 extra inches of clearance on a B series make enough difference for an upgrade?
That's a loaded question. The answer depends on time, money and frustration level. Only the operator can determine how many times they get stuck, what it would be worth to NOT get stuck, and do they have time to do something else at the moment and not have to upgrade to be able to keep on working. Then what is the financial cost of the upgrade, and is it worth it?

My guess is, a few times being stuck and most folks would sure like to have a taller machine, no matter how much taller, just to see if it would keep on working!!

deerhuntre

Equipment
BX2370
May 5, 2019
Buffalo Grove, IL
Lol! My frustration level normally is low, but I'm really curious to see if any of my trail cams picked up my tirade of LOUD explatives!

I'm inclined to not upgrade because I really like my BX, plus it's perfect to mow between rows of trees. Upgrade cost is $9000, which is a big price for 7" more. (yeah, I know, it's not just the clearance...) I suppose I can always work on some other task, but if the upgrade works most of the time where the BX can't, then maybe it's not a bad idea.

I think the plan is to see what this machine will do and if I it works reasonably, then go with it. I dunno. My neighbor thinks I need two tractors! :eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You just need better tires....

or maybe you need a little more tread...