L175 Rear Turf Tires

brown10

Equipment
L175
Aug 4, 2011
Lake Wales, Florida
My L175 needs new rear turf tires. The tires are marked 13.6-16. Carlisle makes a Turf Pro R3 Tractor tire marked for a 13.6-16 rim with dimensions of 38 x 38 x 14 inches. Can I use these?

Finding tires seems difficult.

PS. I know this has been asked before. The search function keeps asking me robot questions and I went through the first 36 pages.

Thanks,
jerry

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
If your L175 isn't a DT (4x4) you can put pretty much any tire on the rims so long as they fit the rim and fenders. It looks like these tires should fit those rims. Call your local tire shop or better, Kubota dealership, and ask them about tire sizing if you have doubts.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
There is a web site "Miller Tire" that seems to have many options. No other details of how to find the site, other than Google search.

I'm sure there are other sites as well.

There seems a new tread option out called the "R14" That may be interesting.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Mine is 4x2; any idea if the original rims are tubeless or if I need tubes?

Thanks
By looking at your rims with the tire bead broken you can see if it is a tubeless design. There will be a small hump the tire slides over as the bead seats.

Tubeless tyres fit perfectly against the special elevated edge (hump) of tubeless wheel rims, which helps to create an air-tight seal.
This means special inner edges and rim tape are not needed. The valve has been incorporated into the wheel rim and features a special rubber seal.

If your rims are pitted and rusty, using a tube may save you a lot of frustration.

A tire must be designed to be tubeless using a special rubber liner that air cannot pass through. A tube can be used with a tubeless tire.

Dave