Honda motor

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Took the &T#&%!^((*!R#$^%! thing apart again,, And same same,,, sooooo SEAFOAM it is
Go to the auto parts store and buy a gallon of Berryman's Chem Tool carb dip, take the jug apart and put it in the basket and soak it for 15 minutes, take it out and rinse it in hot water and blow dry. Reassemble and be happy. Best stuff you can buy for ethanol gunk.... Which is what you have. Gunk in the jug.

I use it all the time and I add Sea Foam and Marine Stabil to the fuel too.

That Tri-fuel stuff is crap, high priced synthetic gas crap.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
uhhh, this thread is from 2013. Is there a particular reason for reviving it now? :confused:
Yeah. I never saw a real answer as to how to clean a Honda carburetor. And the Wolfman was right. I was bored. Didn't mean to confuse you.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
My parents gave me their old FR500 that they'd been having trouble starting. I had sat for 3 years and the engine had seized up by then. After a soak in kerosene and DexIII, the engine freed up but it had to run with the choke all the way out and didn't like to start cold. I ran about 50/50 gas seafoam in it for the first season and was able to get it to run with the choke in. It started on the first pull the last couple of springs.