No place like home!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This also could be titled thank God for good neighbors!! I am finally home after 2 weeks in a hospital, and I cant tell you how great it is to be sitting in my favorite lazy boy chair with an English muffin with peanut butter and jam and a cup of tea. The floor is carpeted with dogs ( small house, 3 dogs), cat wandering around checking things out! My long timefriends and neighbor family really stepped up to the plate and undertook barn chores and feeding and lettting dogs out, and rescuing tomato plants, and cutting grass etc, since this was an unplanned excursion on my part. I know many of you have done the same for your neighbors, but hard to express how grateful one feels to finally come home and discover all is well on the homestead.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Welcome home, sheepfarmer!! Hope all is well again. Yes, good friends and good neighbors are truly a blessing!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nothing like home is right! Glad things are going better. I was going through my pictures and ran across this. It's at my neighbor's farm. Thought you'd enjoy.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome home sheepfarmer,, I know how you feel. I dont know what happened but make sure you give your self all the time you need.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
YIKES!

Sorry to hear about your "ailment." Hope you be back to 100% soon. Yup, good neighbors are priceless.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Welcome home Sheepfarmer. I hope you recover quickly from whatever landed you in the hospital. It’s great to have fantastic neighbors that step up to the plate in time of need.

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Hey Sheepfarmer ! I was not aware that you were under the weather, but I should have been,
given that your advice and knowledge has been a fixture on this forum for such a long time!

We've never corresponded, but please accept my sincere wishes for your fast and complete recovery
from whatever ails you!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Nothing like home is right! Glad things are going better. I was going through my pictures and ran across this. It's at my neighbor's farm. Thought you'd enjoy.

What a great sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome home Mary! Hope your recovery is quick and painless. Nothing like being home surrounded by your fur babies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Wishing you well my friend and glad to hear your neighbour's where there for you when you needed them and please give your fur babies a hug for us.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This also could be titled thank God for good neighbors!! I am finally home after 2 weeks in a hospital, and I cant tell you how great it is to be sitting in my favorite lazy boy chair with an English muffin with peanut butter and jam and a cup of tea. The floor is carpeted with dogs ( small house, 3 dogs), cat wandering around checking things out! My long timefriends and neighbor family really stepped up to the plate and undertook barn chores and feeding and lettting dogs out, and rescuing tomato plants, and cutting grass etc, since this was an unplanned excursion on my part. I know many of you have done the same for your neighbors, but hard to express how grateful one feels to finally come home and discover all is well on the homestead.
As you know, I know all too well....

If it wasn't for my neighbors, the ranch would be a mess. They fed the cattle and mowed the lawns.

Amy did her part handling the domesticated dogs and cats. We are both on the mend and I hope this last time was my last at St. Joe. Not that it's a bad place because it isn't. I look at it as a safe haven for me when I really need it, just don't like being poked and prodded all the time. I always spend my days on the 8th floor of the tower where I can look out across Ypsi and Ann Arbor. My surgeon runs the 8th floor so that is where I get interred.

This last time, with the tube down my nose and into my stomach really took the wind out of my sails. It's impacted my ability to talk and has caused me much discomfort, The old saying 'like a rubber hose in your nose applies...

No chemo now, just pills for the heart flutter and my usual potassium.

The lord shined on me, the hay was never ready to cut (still isn't, too wet) so I'm skating on that. Like I've said before, it's all sold (rounds) and the squares go across the road, sold too. Ned to pick up a roll of 52" over the edge net yet.

One day at a time, I pace myself because I tire easily.

Just keep getting better and work at those disabilities you got with your illness. I do, every day.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Sheepfarmer, sorry to hear you were in the hospital! Let's hope you are able to get back on the Kubota before to long :) Don't like hospitals at all, but sometimes you just have to go. Hope you get better really soon!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks everyone for the good wishes and prayers!! I am doing well all things considered. And to the strains of Gene Autry " I am back in the saddle again !!! Can't drive yet, but been practicing on the Gator, and decided I could run the little B tractor safely enough to mow in the pasture, sure felt good. As Flip mentioned it has done nothing around here but rain, so no hay to stack. We'll be lucky to get any first cutting before the 4th of July, especially since my neighbor from whom I buy hay is still trying to get the soy beans planted. Probably a good thing since my get up and go seems to have got up and went. Lots of physical therapy and naps. :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks for letting us know you're doing better. Good to have you on the forum!!

When we find ourselves in a physical predicament, we tend to re-evaluate what we think is really important. All things are relative to how we feel.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hey Mary. Just read you had had some health problems. This getting older isnt for the faint of heart for sure!! Hope all is well and a speedy recovery. Sure good you have some great neighbors to take that worry from you while you laid up. Good luck to you.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Great to hear your on the road to recovery. Don't push yourself (I learned the hard way) it'll come in time.