5700 diff lock -- when does it release?

Wild Turkey

Equipment
Kubota M5700
Nov 8, 2017
Elizabethtown
Bought a 5700 with 600 hours from a friend. Loader and 3 pt, pto backhoe were included at an attractive price.

Then came the problem -- some vandal had put a handful of rocks in the differential. Broke both axles, repairs were $2K.

Got it fixed and went back to digging basement in mostly clay soil. Used backhoe to rip up the clay and the bucket to stack it elsewhere.

Then brakes started making noise and I tried to take it easy so I could finish the basement before taking it back to the shop.

Didn't work.:(

Noise got worse, diff started acting up. Back to shop, broken axle again.

I used the diff lock, thinking it was like the diff lock on the John Deere 4520 I drove years ago but mechanic said it only released when you took it out of gear.

So when does the diff lock release? Clutch, forward/reverse, transmission shift? :confused::confused::confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So when does the diff lock release? Clutch, forward/reverse, transmission shift? :confused::confused::confused:
The diff lock on a kubota releases on any movement when the pedal is not pressed down.

If the diff lock pedal does not spring back up when you take your foot off of it, somethings wrong.