I am not getting email notifications on subscribed threads.

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

I have gone to User CP, Edit Options and selected instant email notification and hit the save changes button.

My email and password are up to date.

What am I doing wrong ?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

I have gone to User CP, Edit Options and selected instant email notification and hit the save changes button.

My email and password are up to date.

What am I doing wrong ?

Your not doing anything wrong. Common problem with small boards like this one. I'd not assume this will ever work properly on a small low budget board. The server providers for low budget boards keep the prices down by "inadvertently (uh huh....... yeah right) having issues passing emails thru.

Flip of the coin is..... to jump to a higher priced server/service provider that would always get emails thru.... would cost more money.... thus you see more ads.. and more requirement$ for membership. The board owner would have to hustle up more sponsors for their "hobby" and this burns them out....... aka.. say bye bye to the board.

heck this even happens on huge boards..... cause the owner for all the work their doing..... still can't make ends meet (aka ExpiditionPortal.com for example). Then big media companies come along and buy them out and turn it into an ad revenue generator (aka Benzworld.org that is now owned by I believe Robert Murdoch thru Autoguide/Verticlescope along with many huge vehicle sites and others)

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I had the same issue a while back, never did get it to work, but figure it's a small irritation & price to pay for an excellent forum such as this one.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I get email notifications if someone "quotes" me. Other then that I will if someone sends me a message. I really don't worry about updates with threads though. If I'm interested, I'll check in.

I belong to another forum that automatically subscribes you to a thread if you reply to it. There's an option to unsubscribe to the thread, but you have to be in a full on reply page instead of the quick reply box. Next thing you know, you have 30 emails to sort through if the threads are really popular. I find all the emails are quite annoying :rolleyes:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I get email notifications if someone "quotes" me. Other then that I will if someone sends me a message. I really don't worry about updates with threads though. If I'm interested, I'll check in.

I belong to another forum that automatically subscribes you to a thread if you reply to it. There's an option to unsubscribe to the thread, but you have to be in a full on reply page instead of the quick reply box. Next thing you know, you have 30 emails to sort through if the threads are really popular. I find all the emails are quite annoying :rolleyes:

Darren
Do you belong this this stupid thread? Rounded Off drain plug.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/393632-rounded-off-drain-plug-138.html#post5394762

Now at 1,677 posts :)

Dave

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I actually posted a good solution with pictures

OMG! 1,672 post 168 pages and a year and a month plus 3 days, and still haven't removed a drain plug. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry but, that thread is a prime example why I'm not on that forum!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
OMG! 1,672 post 168 pages and a year and a month plus 3 days, and still haven't removed a drain plug. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry but, that thread is a prime example why I'm not on that forum!
I posted I think around post 30 with the solution to getting the bloody plug out. Complete step by step for dummies :p:p checked back a couple days later and unsubscribed to the thread so it would quit blowing up my phone with nonsense. I don't offer any help on the site what so ever after that.

And sure as hell wouldn't pay for membership ;) I stick to the off topics when I'm bored. Although occasionally I'll start a thread on there with a loaded question to see how many idiots belong to the site :D:D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

Found out why I am not getting emails.

My ISP was dumping them in trash on the webmail side, trying to fix that now.