snow blowers

tonyvkubota

Equipment
2013/B3200HST/L504 loader/60" rotary finish mower/ 60"brush hog
Dec 14, 2013
ny
I have a 2013-b3200, purchased for the mid-point pto, with the thought will put a front snow blower on it. Of course now wanting larger machine, and looking at the L4701. Looking for input if anybody ever used a three point hitch, forward facing snow blower, and how they feel it works. I do not want to be snow blowing looking over my shoulder. Input greatly appreciated.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Although I've never used a front mount I do have a pile of hours under my belt with a rear mount.
I would prefer a front mount as the neck gets sore from being cranked around.
A disadvantage of front mount is that you give up the ability of a Loader should you be fortunate enough to have one.
If you've got 4x4 then loader ain't nearly as important.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have been using an inverted blower for years since injuring my neck.

You need to have a blade on the back of the blower to clear snow away from doors. You back up to the door, drop the blade then drive ahead a few feet. Raise the blade and back up so that the blower can dispatch the small pile of snow the blade created. I made my own blade and it is heavy enough that I use it for grading my gravel drive and also use it like a box blade for some landscaping.
Depending on the type of transmission you have, blowing snow going forward may give you many more gear choices.

I would not go back to a 3 pt back up style blower.

Dave M7040

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
TonyV,
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a BX2350 with FEL and I don't want to give that up this winter. I'm going with a Farm King 50" 3 pt blower. It won't be quite as convenient as my 42" front mount blower on the lawn tractor I just sold, but I've used a lot of 3 pt implements, so I can live it it.

Dave,
I thought about buying a blower you pull behind, but didn't like driving over what I was going to blow. Packing it down. I like to keep my drive clear to asphalt. that is a pretty nice machine you have there. I like the blade idea. Do the neighbors think you are kinda off by using a snow blower in the summer? Yes, I realize you are only using the blade. :D

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The BX's, B's and smaller L's will not do well with a forward facing 3 point blower, just not enough clearance to drive threw the snow then blow it.
I'm working on converting my 3 point PTO driven blower to a loader mount hydraulic drive blower, that way I get the best of both worlds, loader on and switchable from blower to blade to bucket easily.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Re driving over what your are going to blow.
Tractors have low ground pressure compared to other vehicles so what they pack down is not as hard as a pick-up packs down. That is how tractors are designed to work in soft plowed ground.
I have used my inverted blower with two different tractors.
A Nuffield 465 2 wd which is the one in the posted photo and now a Kubota M7040 4wd.
The blower is heavy enough that it will cut through any packed snow. I am blowing a gravel driveway, paved driveways for my two brothers and a 1/2 mile grass trail.
The blower will blow sod if the ground is not frozen enough.
Dave M7040

tonyvkubota

Equipment
2013/B3200HST/L504 loader/60" rotary finish mower/ 60"brush hog
Dec 14, 2013
ny
might have to keep this B3200 for snow blowing, I can picture what you are pointing out, driving over the snow and the blower being pulled behind the tractor ..... just seems better to have the blower out front on tractor. Lucky the 3200 is enough tractor for me on my property. thanks to all for input