Ordering loader from dealer

mrtanner

Equipment
L3240
Apr 27, 2017
USA
We ordered a fel from dealer on March 6th and was told wouldn't come in until April 29th. Stopped at dealer on Monday and they said,oh it's already here, even though they never bothered to call us! When ordered we told them we wanted it delivered to our home, they said no problem! After 3 more calls they now say maybe next week because they have to get it out of metal shipping container first because they have to return that to Kubota and would deliver it in the wooden crate,ok why has it taken 2 weeks and still not here? They now say, and had never said this before today, unless we allow them to pick the tractor up at $100 and pay them another $275 for the installation, that we have voided any warranty on it because we are not allowed to install it ourselves!!! Is this actually a Kubota policy for installing you own implements??? Any help will be appreciated! And we had also given them the full cash amount on the day we ordered it and now they seem to be changing the rules unless we come up with more money!

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
We ordered a fel from dealer on March 6th and was told wouldn't come in until April 29th. Stopped at dealer on Monday and they said,oh it's already here, even though they never bothered to call us! When ordered we told them we wanted it delivered to our home, they said no problem! After 3 more calls they now say maybe next week because they have to get it out of metal shipping container first because they have to return that to Kubota and would deliver it in the wooden crate,ok why has it taken 2 weeks and still not here? They now say, and had never said this before today, unless we allow them to pick the tractor up at $100 and pay them another $275 for the installation, that we have voided any warranty on it because we are not allowed to install it ourselves!!! Is this actually a Kubota policy for installing you own implements??? Any help will be appreciated! And we had also given them the full cash amount on the day we ordered it and now they seem to be changing the rules unless we come up with more money!
ALL of the loaders we get in from Kubota come in wooden crates. I often find having owners install their own loaders to be a PITA! I usually have to spend almost as much FREE time on the phone walking them through it as would take me to install the loader in the shop. For this reason I try to discourage customers from installing them themselves. It could be that is what your dealer is doing.

mrtanner

Equipment
L3240
Apr 27, 2017
USA
ALL of the loaders we get in from Kubota come in wooden crates. I often find having owners install their own loaders to be a PITA! I usually have to spend almost as much FREE time on the phone walking them through it as would take me to install the loader in the shop. For this reason I try to discourage customers from installing them themselves. It could be that is what your dealer is doing.
But,my question is, is the warranty on the Kubota fel void because they do not install it???? And the warranty book does not say anywhere that attachments must be installed by the dealer or the warranty is void for attachments!

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
But,my question is, is the warranty on the Kubota fel void because they do not install it???? And the warranty book does not say anywhere that attachments must be installed by the dealer or the warranty is void for attachments!
No, I wouldn't void your warranty! (how would Kubota know who installed the loader unless the dealer told them?) But anything you might have messed up installing it might not be covered by warranty, remember, the warranty has to go through your dealer. so, leaks, damaged parts, loose bolts etc. become your responsibility.

mrtanner

Equipment
L3240
Apr 27, 2017
USA
No, I wouldn't void your warranty! (how would Kubota know who installed the loader unless the dealer told them?) But anything you might have messed up installing it might not be covered by warranty, remember, the warranty has to go through your dealer. so, leaks, damaged parts, loose bolts etc. become your responsibility.
So,are you saying that a dealer can at their discretion void a warranty just because they themselves did not install a Kubota attachment, I understand any of my screwups would not be covered, but if I don't have them install it and they can say no warranty at all on any missing or defective parts?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
So,are you saying that a dealer can at their discretion void a warranty just because they themselves did not install a Kubota attachment, I understand any of my screwups would not be covered, but if I don't have them install it and they can say no warranty at all on any missing or defective parts?
The dealer is your first contact for warranty and all warranty must go through a dealer. It doesn't have to be the dealer who sold it to you though! There is no requirement that I know of that loaders and other accessories must be installed by a dealer but if you want the dealer to work for you for warranty I'd suggest staying on their good side.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Eserv is right, to many people don't know what they are doing and want the dealer to bail them out. I have sold loaders to people that did their own install without issue.

If you have an issue with the dealer or have warranty questions, just call 888-465-8268

Pat

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
When you purchased the loader, did you get a bill of sale or receipt? If so, does it have on it the terms of the sale that you and the dealer agreed on? Does it spell out that they are delivering it to you for you to install? If you didn't get a receipt it could be an expensive lesson learned that you should always get it in writing. If you did get one, then use it to remind the dealer of the deal and tell them they need to honor it or give your money back. Unfortunately, most dealers hide behind the phrase that they have to do the installation or the warrantee is void, when reality is that it is just a way of insuring work for them. Most equipment setup and installation at dealerships is done by the lowest person on the totem pole with the least amount "if any " experience. I have found in the past often times they make more mistakes setting up equipment than if I did it myself. If it is truly done by a well trained person then it can be worth the money spent, but often times it's not. I am not talking about just one dealership, but almost all of the 12+ that I have dealt with over the years.

mrtanner

Equipment
L3240
Apr 27, 2017
USA
We have a receipt stating full price paid and a delivery charge of $50, it does not say they are installing just delivering it. They have now called and said maybe by the middle of next week but, there is no warranty if they don't install it themselves!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Being they are so uncooperative, I'd infer you assumed they'd deliver and install, as who in their right mind (based on them telling you if they do not install, they will not process warranty claims). You assumed the $50 charge was for the delivery and the install would of course, be part of the item sales price....

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Call Kubota corporate and tell them your situation. I'm the opinion that the dealer is not following policy. And since you haven't received it yet you can surely tell them you changed your mind and want your money back. It's not like loaders are special order....they are probably one of the most common implements. Did you buy the tractor from them?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds like a dealer that has a least one barrel to bend the customer over and a big jar of Vasoline to go with it. I would definitely be on the phone with Kubota.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
They sound like one of the dealers that will tell you if you don't use Kubota fluids your warranty is void. My local dealer tried something like that with me, now I have a new dealer.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Tell them to deliver it as agreed and paid for and that you will be taking to a different dealer for install because of the way they are jacking you.
Once you have it you can do whatever you want with it- your business your decision. (But get it out of thier hands and into yours for no additional money.)
And yes I would also let K Corp know what kind of service you are receiving.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Buy a wrench, fire your Dealer.

I maintain that philosophy from my truck to my tractor and the ATV in between.

Not everybody can perform their own service/repair, I know. The lousy attitude from most dealers is a massive put-off.

I understand the labor rate. My shop charges $135 an hour for our services. However, if we gave customers the same shit attitude or treatment that my local Dealers, and ones I read about online, they will call some other company. Commercial/Industrial HVAC is cutthroat.

Our customers cant repair their equipment, but I wont sell tham a part for them to install and offer a warranty on it either. Im sure not giving them grief over it though, they can sign an invoice stating no warranty implied or offered.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its a loader for cryin out loud, not a replacement engine.
Have dealer put his claim to voiding warranty in writing and submit it to kubota.

If there was a 50 dollar delivery charge, it should be refunded if you choose to let them install it.

My son worked at a mahindra dealer during his year 1 apprenticeship. Doing exactly what we are discussing. So,new to the field /little experience guys doing your install is one thing that is guaranteed.

Hope you can work this out to your satisfaction.

Many years ago,Certified brake products had a disclaimer regarding warranty
Unless installed by a licenced technician.