Welcome from another Virginian.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Greetings! I finally picked up a L2501 for work on my hunting property and separately, my wife's horse farm. I have enjoyed the site so far, thanks for all the great information.
Welcome from Another Virginian......must be an echo in here!!!

Glad to have you aboard - and congrats on your new machine too!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Flt Med. We are glad that you joined with us here.

Congrats on the new toy... I mean tractor. The picture was a nice touch. Is the trailer yours also?

Thanks for your service. What years were you in?

Fltmed1sgretired

Equipment
L2501
Apr 19, 2017
Midlothian, VA
Welcome to the OTT forum Flt Med. We are glad that you joined with us here.

Congrats on the new toy... I mean tractor. The picture was a nice touch. Is the trailer yours also?

Thanks for your service. What years were you in?
Thank you! The trailer came with the package. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal. L2501, FEL with SSQA bucket, hay spear, 5ft hog, box blade and 18' equipment trailer for 22k. I couldn't pass it up and I was tired of moving horse poop manually!

Thank you for your service as well. I served from 1990 to 2011 when I retired. Loved it for the most part. More good days then bad. After my seventh deployment to SWA I decided it was time to let younger warriors carry on. I would also assume it would be the double hip replacements that would have slowed me down to much to continue to care for the wounded on the battlefield. But God always has a plan. I spend my time well these days helping other Veterans while working for the VA, building and repairing firearms part time, hunting and maintaining the 55 acres I have in Buckingham and helping my wife with her horse farm. Life is good.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Fltmed, if your horse farm has run in sheds and pasture, get a landcape rake. I just cleaned up a winter's worth of horse manure by raking it away from the piles near the shed and spreading it on the pasture evenly with the rake in about an hour. Sure beats a pitchfork.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Thank you! The trailer came with the package. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal. L2501, FEL with SSQA bucket, hay spear, 5ft hog, box blade and 18' equipment trailer for 22k. I couldn't pass it up and I was tired of moving horse poop manually!

Thank you for your service as well. I served from 1990 to 2011 when I retired. Loved it for the most part. More good days then bad. After my seventh deployment to SWA I decided it was time to let younger warriors carry on. I would also assume it would be the double hip replacements that would have slowed me down to much to continue to care for the wounded on the battlefield. But God always has a plan. I spend my time well these days helping other Veterans while working for the VA, building and repairing firearms part time, hunting and maintaining the 55 acres I have in Buckingham and helping my wife with her horse farm. Life is good.
You are going to miss that pitch fork and wheelbarrow. How many horses were you shoveling for?

You really were dedicated, 7 tours, wow! I thought 1 in SEA from 69 to 70 was more than enough for me.

Fltmed1sgretired

Equipment
L2501
Apr 19, 2017
Midlothian, VA
Fltmed, if your horse farm has run in sheds and pasture, get a landcape rake. I just cleaned up a winter's worth of horse manure by raking it away from the piles near the shed and spreading it on the pasture evenly with the rake in about an hour. Sure beats a pitchfork.
Great suggestion! Thank you! I will put that on my list. Which keeps growing!

Fltmed1sgretired

Equipment
L2501
Apr 19, 2017
Midlothian, VA
You are going to miss that pitch fork and wheelbarrow. How many horses were you shoveling for?

You really were dedicated, 7 tours, wow! I thought 1 in SEA from 69 to 70 was more than enough for me.
Right now we are own two and have six boarders. We can have an maximum of 14.

I just went where the Army sent me. Most of the guys I know at this point have between 6 and 11 tours a piece. I am enjoying my second career and the second part of my life just as much as I did the first part. It's just on my schedule now.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
I have the same rig, and you are gonna love it. I am amazed the 25hp pulls this well. The ssqa bucket is slick! Just make sure you grease it(mine was not). I really enjoy lugging it around 1200rpm for loader work. You might find that it is hard to shift from high medium low, but if you read the manual, it tells you to tickle the motion control treadle with the clutch in and the brake applied to help aid in shifting. To get it out of 4wd, if it is tough, just lift the front wheels with the Loader, and it should fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fltmed1sgretired

Equipment
L2501
Apr 19, 2017
Midlothian, VA
I have the same rig, and you are gonna love it. I am amazed the 25hp pulls this well. The ssqa bucket is slick! Just make sure you grease it(mine was not). I really enjoy lugging it around 1200rpm for loader work. You might find that it is hard to shift from high medium low, but if you read the manual, it tells you to tickle the motion control treadle with the clutch in and the brake applied to help aid in shifting. To get it out of 4wd, if it is tough, just lift the front wheels with the Loader, and it should fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the tips! I have only been on it for an hour so far but I already enjoy it! I am also amazed at the power out of this small package.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Great suggestion! Thank you! I will put that on my list. Which keeps growing!
A lightweight (cheaper) one is fine for this purpose, get the gauge wheels and set them so the rake just rides on the ground. Also works dandy for grooming arena, I have wood chips over a sand layer and don't want to dig in and mix the layers.

Fltmed1sgretired

Equipment
L2501
Apr 19, 2017
Midlothian, VA
A lightweight (cheaper) one is fine for this purpose, get the gauge wheels and set them so the rake just rides on the ground. Also works dandy for grooming arena, I have wood chips over a sand layer and don't want to dig in and mix the layers.
Will do and thanks again for the suggestion! We use a 4ft drag behind my ATV for both the indoor and outdoor arena.