What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Wow - - that's just astounding! It was higher last week....

I've seen drifting like that and more, but not in front of the ingress/egress from a house.

Do you think there's a way snow fence could help?

It really is a safety concern. Hoping it's an anomaly.

You do a great job digging yourself out! 🤞 :)
This is our fourth winter here and we never had snow build up like that before last week. Fortunately, we still have four other doors we can get in and out of. I'll have to make a point to go out more often and check for build-up.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Good to hear it's unusual.

Maybe look around and see how the drifts have been forming. Any new construction or modifications done outside?

Maybe a way to mitigate the drifting? Like I said, snow fence can do wonders....

My grandparent's farm was right at the top of a hill. Drifting was common all over, including the road getting there...

They had a chicken house below the house 50 yards away.

Saw drifts there that were taller than the peak of the CH. Maybe 15-18 feet.

Odd thing was you could always open the CH door...about a 10-20 foot gap around the chicken house that snow was swept out of.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Aftermath…battery tender back on.
Like everyone else, moved some snow. Ate some of it.

All went fine.

We had 2-3” of hard ice and sleet with 3” snow on top.

Did use back blade a little; made it pretty, but it was a smooth slick mess. Put it away quickly. Above freezing next week, better to leave some on it. Maybe I’ll scrape it on a thawing day, but I need a good base on my gravel driveway.

View attachment 74480
Hey neighbor, You got the same mess I did, I had to use the 8N with the front blade raised up a couple inches first passes. Then redo it with it down to get it cleaned up. That thaw was a real pain as I had a nice surface on my stone till that,

Bill

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I used the B and the loader to clean up the mess my atv made plowing. Really Stewing over some chains. I just prefer to use the atv…just more than she could handle. Ice reminded me why so many of you operators have chains. I was so jealous i needed a cigar and a bourbon to settle myself down 😉
Today was the first time I thought about chains. Last year we didn’t have the ice under the snow. I may hit Greene and Sons in Broadway tomorrow to see what they can get. Skipped the Bourbon today for a barrel aged Porter at Roundhouse Depot Brewing in Bellefontaine this evening

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont

Maybe look around and see how the drifts have been forming. Any new construction or modifications done outside?

Maybe a way to mitigate the drifting? Like I said, snow fence can do wonders....

My grandparent's farm was right at the top of a hill. Drifting was common all over, including the road getting there...

Odd thing was you could always open the CH door...about a 10-20 foot gap around the chicken house that snow was swept out of.
Use snow shoes climbing mountain down other side remove snow shoes feed chickens water collect eggs put snow shoes back on and climb up mountain and back down again lol

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

There is something different. I cleaned up the fence line in the fall that was full of bush and it was too late to plant trees. That's exactly why the snow drifting is coming across the driveway.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
There is something different. I cleaned up the fence line in the fall that was full of bush and it was too late to plant trees. That's exactly why the snow drifting is coming across the driveway.
Reminds me of a downstater who bought a 2nd home in the local ski town and had the mature stand of large white pines cut down so he could have a "million dollar" view of the ski are to the north.
Well, the first winter he was there, the water pipes on that side of the house froze due to having removed the wind and cold protection that the trees provided.:eek:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Wasn't as bad in front of the garage this morning. Had 20-30" x 60' long at the end of the driveway and the road is worse. Probably 10' in places. They will go through with a "V" plow on a ten wheeler to punch through and then come out with a large airport style blower to widen it out.
20220205_095244.jpg

20220205_103939.jpg

20220205_103947.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gallows - - wow. Looks like it drifts all over there. Your Road would be a tough go....

There's a similar spot couple miles from here. County puts in a lot of snow fence every fall.

Hey - - you won't need the window air conditioner right away!! ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hey neighbor, You got the same mess I did, I had to use the 8N with the front blade raised up a couple inches first passes. Then redo it with it down to get it cleaned up. That thaw was a real pain as I had a nice surface on my stone till that,

Bill
Bill - - - exactly the same here. Been so cold, the base was perfect, and had a couple layers of sand in it from town barn.

Not anymore. Hump at the road frozen solid.

Looks like some thaw next week. May scrape and sand it again then. The hump at the apron may be there 'til spring....

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Gallows - - wow. Looks like it drifts all over there. Your Road would be a tough go....

There's a similar spot couple miles from here. County puts in a lot of snow fence every fall.

Hey - - you won't need the window air conditioner right away!! ;)

That's actually our mini-split heat pump/ac so it's cranking out heat today.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
No, I couldn't pull him out😁

20220205_200534.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Against my better judgment, I scraped my driveway with the new back blade. Gave it a coat of sand afterwards, in hopes I don’t have a skating rink in a couple days.

Chanceywd and I got about 2-3” of frozen crap with a couple inches of snow on top. Real mess and solid, as it was 0F degrees this morning. .

Took 20 minutes to get it off the roof of my crew cab truck. Lots of that stuff flying off vehicles this morning.

Sun is getting some warmth, the dark sand, or even pellet stove ashes can do wonders on a sunny day.

2AF34990-E6FD-4D45-9A3C-55862A513DF7.jpeg

375DF982-B814-46EC-BF09-09711E01F7EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It was cold and the snow was crusty, so the tractor stayed in the barn. But I did install some accessories that I received this week: seat cover and fire extinguisher.
Just a follow up: if anyone is shopping for seat covers for a MX, the Durafit order site doesn’t list a cover for a MX seat with armrests. I bought the seat cover model KU25 that is listed for a B series with armrests and it fits perfectly. I called the company and they suggested that model. They need to update their website.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Cut another blonding Ash tree down, but this time I got to play in the snow too. We had around 7-8" of snow. Each log is 60" long.

14_30_30.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Went out to grease the FEL on my B3200 after the snow removal. To say the grease is a bit thick at 17F is an understatement. Brought the grease guns in the house and will try again later this week with warm grease. I did lube everything up in November so I should be good but having that tractor covered in snow made me want to make sure I’m not getting any water in those pivot points.