B2400 fuel tank removal

jjgag60

Apr 17, 2019
washington, state
So recently I purchased a used B2400 with 250 hours. It had been sitting in a airplane hanger for the last five plus years. When I went to purchase it, during the test drive it ran out of Diesel. The filter was plugged with rust and gunk. After it ran out of fuel it wouldn't run but for a few minutes after the sediment bowl would fill up and then it would suck all the Diesel out of the bowl and die. Using air pressure back through the fuel line into the tank I was able to unblock the fuel line and the tractor ran good.
Now i had to remove the fuel tank to clean the rust from the sending unit rusting up and the black mold and algae that was growing in the tank. I didn't' want to get stranded some where with another plugged line or filter.
I purchase the service manual and it was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was getting the steering wheel off. Using a bearing separator I was able to attach a wheel puller to the bottom of the steering wheel and gently pull the steering wheel off without having to pound on the nut/stem. It took me about an hour and a half to remove the tank. I then used a hot water pressure washer to wash out the tank and then rinsed it out with Diesel. With fresh Diesel, Bio Clean I am good to go. The local dealer estimated four hours to remove the tank and replace at a cost of $1,100 plus parts.